Auctioning4u, the first eBay trading post operating in the UK, is opening a second outlet on 24th September 2004, at Stall 18, 161 Portobello Road, London W11, just weeks after the launch of the company’s flagship store in Brook Green, London W14.
Through Auctioning4u, customers can sell items via eBay without the hassle of writing descriptions, monitoring the auction process or dealing with payments and shipping. Similar to successful US models, Auctioning4u will set everything up on eBay – customers just have to decide what to sell, then Auctioning4u does the rest. The concept is proving popular here, with a wide range of clients selling items through the flagship store.
A real benefit of using Auctioning4u, is that the company can maximise sales prices through the combination of expert staff using the latest technology and the variety of payment methods offered to buyers (credit cards through PayPal, sterling, a variety of international currencies and transfers, cash at the store).
Using Auctioning4u means customers won’t need to disclose personal details on the net, as happened to Cherie Blair, a once dedicated eBayer. There is the added security of a physical shop, where interested buyers can stop in to pay for and pick up their purchases.
Perhaps most important of all, Auctioning4u has a high “trust rating”. Recognised as an eBay ‘PowerSeller’, one of eBay’s most successful sellers in terms of product sales and customer satisfaction, Auctioning4u has a positive feedback rating of more than 99 per cent, which gives both buyers and sellers confidence.
So how do you get started? First clean out your closets. Then take your unwanted items to an Auctioning4u shop where they are evaluated (for a small fee, a pick-up service is also available). If something is not likely to sell, you can take it on to a charity shop. Once an item is accepted and registered, you can just go home, put your feet up and wait for the cheque to arrive in 4-6 weeks.
Ulrike Bulle, manager of the new Portobello Road shop, advises that the best selling items to date have been electronics like mobile phones and collectables like Dinky Toys. “Concert tickets have also sold well but clothing, unless it is a high quality designer item, is not worth bringing in. We were recently able to sell a Vivienne Westwood jacket for £330 and Hermes scarves go for around £120.” Auctioning 4u’s sale-through rate so far has been above 90% compared to eBay’s average of 43%. At least half of Auctioning4u’s buyers to date have been overseas, with over one third of those buyers from America.
At the shop, the items are photographed from various perspectives, researched and assigned a category (from 36,000). Listed on the site within three days, bidding stops after 10 days, during which time potential buyers can contact Auctioning4u with any questions. When payment is received the goods are despatched to the buyer – anywhere in the world. The seller receives a cheque, usually within 4-6 weeks from deposit of the goods – minus one third of the sale price, which goes to Auctioning4u. Out of this percentage the company will pay the eBay and PayPal fees while the purchaser is responsible for shipping costs. If an item doesn’t sell, customers have the option of reclaiming the item or donating it to charity.
Christian Braun, managing director of Auctioning4u, plans to grow the business via both owned and franchise stores. “We believe London alone will support 50-60 stores which will be serviced from our processing centre near Olympia. Outside of London we will be looking to franchise the concept” reports Christian.
For more information on Auctioning4u, please contact Christian Braun on Tel: 020 7371 6644 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the company website: www.auctioning4u.com
E-mail: email@example.com , Website: www.auctioning4u.co.uk
• 118 Blythe Road, W14, 020 7371 3715, open Mo-Sa 10:00 – 19:00
• Stall 18, 161 Portobello Road, W11, 020 7221 2096, open Fr-Sa 10:00 – 18:00
For more information (not for publication), please contact Elizabeth Tagge, Blueice Communications,
Tel 01483 281227 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Auctioning4u is an eBay facilitator, created to help people sell via this popular auction site which currently attracts over 114 million customers from around the world each year
• Christian Braun, Managing Director of Auctioning4u, came up with the concept after his wife asked him to help clean house. They ended up with over 200 items too good to give away and she suggested that he investigate selling them on eBay. Both busy professionals, they found the process time consuming and were amazed to discover that while a multitude of American and Continental European companies had sprung up to take on the selling process, nothing similar existed in the UK. Equipped with a London Business School MBA and his experience with GE’s private equity division, Christian saw the perfect opportunity for a new service business
• Auctioning4u’s flagship store is located at 118 Blythe Road, London W14 9HD. Tel: 020 7371 3715 Website: www.auctioning4u.com Open Mo-Sa 10:00 – 19:00
• Auctioning4u – Portobello, located at Stall 18, 161 Portobello Road, London W11 2DY will be opening on September 24th. Tel: 020 7221 2096. Open Fr-Sa 10:00 – 18:00
• Case studies and images are available. Please contact Elizabeth Tagge, Blueice Communications, Tel: 01482 281227 or Email: email@example.com
• For franchise information, please contact Auctioning4u managing director Christian Braun on Tel: 020 7371 6644 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Blueice Communications in the following categories: Home & Garden, Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.