PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Shield yourself from Spam
- With the help from InboxShield -
Avanquest’s latest software release will come as a welcome surprise to thousands of people who receive spam emails. Over 10 Billion items of spam were sent to British computers in 2003 ranging from product news to the more common ‘adult’ material.
InboxShield 3 is the ideal anti-spam solution by Edovia to add to Avanquest’s wide portfolio of software products republished in the UK.
Its unique six step spam filtering process blocks at least 98% of all spam received and can easily be integrated within Microsoft outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express.
Six steps to a spam-free inbox
• Step 1 - Address verification – buddies & safe recipient lists are created so they are not spammed out whilst an enemies list blocks any unwanted emails.
• Step 2 - Heuristic Filtering – Compares from and to address usage, it will let you decide whether you would like to treat messages as spam if the recipient (To) is empty or if the sender (From) and the recipient are the same.
• Step 3 - Keywords – create a list of search words i.e. Viagra and it will search the email content and block the email.
• Step 4 - Codepages – if you request that foreign language emails be blocked, InboxShield analyses the message to retrieve the language code.
• Step 5 - Bayesian Analysis – InboxShield will look at the content of the message, analyse it, and determine the probability of the message being Spam.
• Step 6 - Web Crawler – E-mails are linked back to its source to check whether the website may be black listed or otherwise.
However do not worry if you think that InboxShield has mistakenly classed a legitimate email as spam, before an email is deleted automatically it is put into the Quarantine folder where you can verify any emails. If this occurs or it accidentally lets a Spam message into the inbox, you can let InboxShield know by specifying if the message is Spam or not. InboxShield will then learn from the message and send it to the appropriate folder in future.
InboxShield lets you block images from spam messages. This is particularly useful when you have young children that you want to protect against pornographic images.
About Avanquest Global Software Publishing
Avanquest, part of the BVRP Software Group, is a leading provider of complete software publishing solutions to meet the global sales and distribution needs of developers. As a fully integrated network of international value-added software publishers, Avanquest combines experienced product management, sales representation, package and product design, public relations and supply chain management systems, with proven direct retailer relationships in 90 percent of the world's software markets. Additional information can be found at http://www.avanquest.co.uk/ and http://www.bvrp.com/
InboxShield retails at £19.99.
David Boothroyd, Republishing Product Manager
Tel: 01752 241466
Natalie Dowse, Public Relations
Tel: 01962 835000
Mobile: 07870 279233
Tel: 01752 895100
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Alison Hall PR in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.