PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
21st OCTOBER 2004
As easy as uno, deux, drei
Avanquest UK is proud to announce they will be the UK distributor of Rosetta Stone, first-class language learning programs developed by Fairfield Language Technologies.
Fairfield Language Technologies have developed a unique way of teaching a new language, by bringing together educators and technologists they have created the world’s only comprehensive language-learning software based exclusively on immersion instruction in the target language.
No longer does learning a language have to involve intense classes and long grammatical lessons, with Rosetta Stone learning a language is like learning it when you were a child with both enthusiasm and ease of use.
Whether you are an individual learning a language at home, or teaching a language at work or in a classroom, Rosetta Stone offers a complete range of titles and at selected levels.
Several features within the software include:
• Lesson selection – choose the unit and lesson you wish to study.
• Activities Selection Screen - Choose the Language Skill you want to develop: Listening Comprehension, Reading, Speaking or Writing. Finally, choose an Exercise that suits your learning style.
• Listening comprehension - Speech is the core of all language and the first concern of the language learner. Dynamic Immersion teaches you to link speech directly with meaning. Match the spoken phrase and the image correctly and the meaning is clear. No translation or memorisation. The words have meaning. The image has a name.
• Reading Comprehension - The Rosetta Stone develops reading skills by presenting written text without spoken-language support. Match words to image and the computer verifies the meaning.
• Speaking (Speech Recognition) - Speaking a new language is the learner's most rewarding challenge. Speech Recognition records your voice and plays it back for comparison with the voice of the native speaker. A graded meter quickly assesses your proficiency and a voiceprint analyses your pronunciation in detail.
• Writing (Dictation) - Writing in a new language requires attention to spelling, syntax, accents and punctuation. Dictation uses the computer to check your written work for accuracy. Click on the picture. Write what you hear. The program indicates errors and allows you to correct your work before you proceed.
Each year, the Rosetta Stone expands its prominence in retail and institutional markets worldwide: from language lab use in schools to networked corporate training to personal use at home. Teaching over 20 languages to 5,000,000 people in 108 countries worldwide, the Rosetta Stone is the key to language learning success.
Rosetta Stone is available in the UK in over 27 languages.
The RRP of Rosetta Stone Level 1 is £149.95
The RRP of Rosetta Stone Level 2 is £169.99
The RRP of Rosetta Stone Level 1&2 Set is £249.95
About Avanquest Global Software Publishing
Avanquest, part of the BVRP Software Group, is a leading provider of complete software publishing solutions to meet the global sales and distribution needs of developers. As a fully integrated network of international value-added software publishers, Avanquest combines experienced product management, sales representation, package and product design, public relations and supply chain management systems, with proven direct retailer relationships in 90 percent of the world's software markets. Additional information can be found at http://www.avanquest.co.uk/ and http://www.bvrp.com/
About Fairfield Language Technologies
Fairfield Language Technologies publishes the Rosetta Stone Language Library, revolutionary CD-ROM and online language-learning software acclaimed for its speed, power and effectiveness.
Fairfield Language Technologies was founded in 1991 with two core beliefs. The natural way we learn native languages as children remains, for everyone, the most successful method for learning new languages. And interactive technology can replicate and activate that method powerfully for learners of any age.
For more information, images or review copies please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel: 01752 241468
Tel: 01962 835000
Mobile: 07870 279 233
Tel: 01752 895100
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Alison Hall PR in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.