SINGLETON SYNDROME IS CAUSING SLEEPLESS NIGHTS FOR WOMEN ACROSS THE COUNTRY!
New survey by Horlicks reveals all…
65% of singletons are turning to online dating to find their perfect partner, but at the cost of not getting enough ‘beauty sleep’, according to a new poll out today.
The poll, commissioned by Horlicks, delves deep into the evening routine of 30-something women looking for love, and can reveal that nearly a quarter of women check their dating e-mails every night before bed, and 55% of women search for true love online between two and five times a week – that’s a lot of love in the air before bedtime!
So, it would seem that more and more singletons are not afraid to seek alternative methods of finding love, but is this at the peril of a good nights sleep?
Christine Webber, columnist, TV and radio agony aunt and qualified psychotherapist has recognized the increasing trend towards online dating.
“We have to be careful that we don’t become too obsessed with the online-dating phenomenon. Searching online just before bedtime can often affect the sleep pattern as it leads to an increased level of excitement and nervousness, which in turn affects our wind-down time and levels of restful sleep,” comments Christine.
She continues: “It’s best to allow yourself at least 20 minutes before bedtime to help you relax. Try having a warm bath, making a mug of Horlicks or watching television – all simple, positive steps which can aid a good night’s sleep.”
Darren Richards, CEO, DatingDirect.com explains: "As so many of our members have such busy working lives, the evening is an ideal time to log on and find love and there's definitely an increase in usage after work hours. You can do it from the comfort of your own home - no make-up required! With over 1.5 million members, DatingDirect.com is a great place to meet new people and to search for that special relationship, but you'll definitely need to unwind before getting off to sleep after all that excitement!"
It seems that with 70% of women staying at home (in the evening) over four times a week, finding love on-line is becoming ever increasingly popular, and consequently, the value of ‘wind-down’ time before bed is more important than ever. Remember, a routine before bed can help aid a restful night and ensure you look your best for that special first date! Here are Horlicks top tips to a great night’s sleep.
- Establish a pattern; try to go to bed at a set time each night
- Try to exercise for 20 to 30 minutes a day at least 5 hours before going to bed, this decreases stress
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol - all are stimulants
- Studies show that a hot milky drink such as Horlicks can promote a good night’s sleep
- Create a relaxing evening routine which includes a warm bath, reading or watching TV
- Try a few drops of lavender essential oil on your pillow or in your bath
For further information, please contact:
Amanda Tiffenberg or Robin Dhara
at BORKOWSKIPR on 020 7404 3000
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Notes to editor:
- Horlicks is a registered trademark of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies.
- Research undertaken by Tiscali UK, the internet communications company, on behalf of Horlicks – August 2004
- Established 130 years ago, Horlicks is the leading brand in the Hot Milky Drinks (HMD) market. Horlicks is a registered trade mark of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies
- Symptoms of inadequate sleep include feeling short tempered, unenthusiastic and frustrated, as well as having poor concentration and low energy levels
- For more information about how to aid restful sleep, please visit the Horlicks website at www.sleepbetter.co.uk
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of See.Saw Communications in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.