SAMwise helps Mitsubishi Motors in the UK
Grey Matter, the UK’s leading experts in helping organisations maximise the benefits and minimise the risks of buying, deploying and managing software, has today announced the launch of its new software asset management service, SAMwise. The company also released details of an early SAMwise customer, Mitsubishi Motors in the UK.
SAMwise is a cost effective and flexible solution that breaks Software Asset Management (SAM) down into manageable steps, by offering a range of services to meet customer requirements. SAMwise enables customers to save costs through elimination of over-licensing and redeployment of unused assets and can ensure licensing agreements or support contracts are not invalidated.
"Software Asset Management is an important, but sometimes misunderstood, issue for business today," said Vaughan Smith, Software Asset Management Manager at Microsoft. "As one of Microsoft's established partners in this area, Grey Matter is helping its customers to understand Software Asset Management and see it as an opportunity to enhance their existing volume licensing services."
One of the first customers for Grey Matter’s SAMwise service has been Mitsubishi Motors in the UK which needed help in understanding its numerous software agreements and had a requirement to be audited.
“I didn’t see needing SAMwise as a failing. I’m not a licensing expert and I don’t have the time to fully understand the myriad of different agreements,” said Dave Berwick, IT Manager at Mitsubishi Motors in the UK. “Auditing was always on the backburner. I couldn’t find software that did what I wanted and I couldn’t put projects on hold whilst staff manually audited our network,” he added.
“Managing your software and understanding and tracking licensing can be a significant challenge,” said Graham Wooding, Managing Director, Grey Matter. “Good software asset management can help you determine what software you need and which you don’t. It can also help you take advantage of volume licence discounts by determining how to use your software in the most efficient way.”
SAMwise modular services include:
• Free initial health check of IT infrastructure and policies.
• IT infrastructure auditing to create detailed IT asset inventories (including both hardware and software). This can be done via software or through physical auditing.
• Software licence reconciliation services: including gap analysis of licenses held compared to current software usage; identification of areas of over-licensing or shortfall; advice on how to re-licence cost effectively and identification of counterfeit software.
• Asset tagging.
• ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) process re-engineering (ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT Service Management. ITIL provides a cohesive set of best practice drawn from the public and private sectors, internationally.)
• Subscriptions to hosted IT asset estate management systems allowing customers to record, control and depreciate assets.
• Policy and procedure creation, including Acceptable Use and Purchasing Procedures, and/or implementation through online learning management systems.
• Accreditation services, helping companies reach BSA/FAST certification or specific Software Publisher accreditation.
For further information please visit www.SAMwise.co.uk
About Grey Matter
With over 20 years experience in the software industry, Grey Matter helps organisations maximise the benefits and minimise the risks of buying, deploying and managing software.
From expertise in the specification and supply of business, technical and development software, to tailored software licensing, software deployment and software management solutions, Grey Matter has the know how to help organisations succeed with software.
Grey Matter is a Microsoft Recognised Software Asset Management Partner.
Grey Matter Ltd, 2 Prigg Meadow, Ashburton, Devon, TQ13 7DF. Tel: 08703 665566 or visit www.greymatter.com
For further information, please contact:
Andrew Smith/Dawn Flynn
Tel: 0118 988 0230
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Motive Public Relations in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.