Hornbill Systems, a leading provider of IT support and service management solutions today announced it has been awarded the contract to supply Camelot Group plc, the UK National Lottery operator with a tailored IT Service Management solution.
The contract is to supply Hornbill’s ITIL compatible Supportworks ITSM application and Assetworks, Hornbill’s inventory tool. Training and professional services will be provided to deliver full integration with Camelot’s chosen infrastructure, desktop and network management systems. The solution will provide Camelot with a fully consolidated and integrated IT Service and Asset Management toolset, which will be used by 80 IT professionals supporting over a 1000 customers located within 7 sites in the UK.
Camelot operates the most cost-efficient lottery in the world, using less than 5 per cent. of total revenues in operating costs. To date, The National Lottery has raised over £16 billion for Good Causes with over 180,000 individual projects benefiting across the UK - the biggest programme of civic and social regeneration since the 19th Century. Camelot depends on its IT services to ensure the smooth and uninterrupted operation of its lottery systems, so the provision of first-rate support services is absolutely paramount.
To select the best solution for its IT service management requirement, Camelot formed a project team of nine representatives from the various Camelot business units to review solutions from 10 suppliers. After a detailed evaluation of a range of alternative products, visits to reference sites and meetings with the vendors, Camelot’s project team voted Hornbill’s Supportworks ITSM as the solution of choice.
Camelot’s IT group is responsible for providing customer support, IT infrastructure and IT services for network, desktop and server systems that require 24x7x365 availability. Commenting on the selection of Hornbill’s solution, Neil Kellar, Head of IT Service Delivery for Camelot Group plc said: “In order to provide excellent levels of support to our internal customers and sales force, we needed to implement a scalable, flexible toolset, which will enable us to deliver proactive service management to our business. Supportworks gives us the flexibility and ease of use we were looking for, coupled with the extensive integration capability that is available with the solution.”
Patrick Bolger, Hornbill’s Sales & Marketing Director said: “The Camelot project team had a very clear definition of their requirements and the selection process was one of the most rigorous we have been through. Knowing that Camelot’s project team chose Supportworks is great testimony to Supportworks capability and user appeal. We are delighted to have won this contract and add the prestigious name of Camelot to our customer base.”
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Camelot Group plc is the operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for the Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds
· To date, over £16 billion has been raised for Good Causes by The National Lottery, benefiting more than 180,000 individual projects across the UK in the biggest programme of civic and social regeneration since the 19th Century. The National Lottery has given away £23.5 billion in prizes and created more than 1,700 millionaires or multi-millionaires since launch in 1994
· Camelot runs one of the most cost efficient lotteries in the world, using only 5 per cent of total revenues in operating costs. At 40 per cent of total sales (28 per cent to Good Causes and 12 per cent in lottery duty to the Government), Camelot returns a higher proportion of lottery revenue back to society than any other lottery in the world
· Camelot is committed to the highest standards in player protection and social responsibility in both the retail and internet environments, and was ranked in Business in the Community’s 2003 Top 100 Companies That Count, in terms of social responsibility
· For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit the following websites: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk
· High resolution photographs are available to the media free of charge at www.newscast.co.uk (Tel: 020 7608 1000)
· Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.
About Hornbill Systems
Hornbill Systems is a leading international provider of service management software solutions that enable organisations to automate and deliver first class customer service. Founded in 1995, Hornbill’s family of products are in use by companies all over the world to deliver solutions support IT Service Management, Facilities, B2B, B2C, finance and employee service desks. Hornbill’s core platform technology, Supportworks ESP provides a totally configurable application environment to help organisations to automate service management related business processes giving organisations a single, consolidated service management solution for use across the enterprise.
For more information visit: www.hornbill.com
Gerry Sweeney/Patrick Bolger
Managing Director/Sales Director
Tel: 020 8582 8282
PR Artistry Ltd
Tel: 01491 636191
Fax: 01491 579798
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of PR Artistry Limited in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.