Early Warning, the online scheme that helps UK retailers to prevent CNP (card -not-present)
credit-card fraud, has today announced significant changes to its online application. The new
name for the scheme will be CardAware (Version 3.0) and it is hosted under a completely
redesigned website at www.early-warning.org.
CardAware V3.0 now makes it even easier for retailers to prevent losses from CNP fraud.
New features include;
- Completely redesigned interface makes navigation easier than ever
- New batch processing engine allows for up to 1,000 sales records to be c hecked
at a time
- New “Fraudster Watch” function allows user-defined search criteria to be
monitored by the application
- New Forum & messaging system for customers to exchange fraud details and tips
- New customer archive section allows previous searches to be viewed again
- Transactional pricing scheme (from £5 a month) makes CardAware even better
- CardAware is FREE to all UK local & National police forces
Commenting on the new release, MD Andrew Goodwill said,
“We have reacted to comments from customers and completely redesigned the application, making it much simpler to use and also adding extra functionality. In particular, the Fraudster Watch facility will allow local police forces to more easily monitor postcode delivery hotspots in their area”.
Alexander Andresen, Fraud Manager at online retailer Komplett.co.uk, was impressed with CardAware V3.0. He said,
“From what I’ve seen so far of the new system, it looks much easier to use. The batch processor in particular will make it more straightforward for us to check all our daily sales orders in one hit”.
CardAware V3.0 is available with immediate effect and is priced from as little as £5 per month for a maximum of 100 searches.
All UK police forces are invited to join and use CardAware without charge.
Speaking about the launch of CardAware V3.0, Riten Gohill, Risk Management Executive, at APACS (Association of Payment Clearing Systems – the banking industry trade body), said
“We welcome all efforts to reduce the impact of credit card fraud. Retailer s need to understand the risks from such transactions and also the solutions to help prevent such fraud. Organisations such as Early Warning are recognised for their work in fighting Card-Not-Present fraud”.
Credit Card fraud has been with us since the first credit cards started appearing back in the early 1950s. Five decades later and the problem now represents a fraud epidemic on a global scale. Card-not-present fraud in the UK has grown from £2.5 million in 1994 to £116.4 million
in 2003. Whilst banking initiatives such as "Chip & Pin" have helped reduce fraud in card - present environments, where the liability is with the banks, the Card-not-present
environment continues to see increasing fraud activity - it's now the single largest credit card fraud type - and the full liability lies with the merchant.
CardAware is a repository of “known” CNP fraud data. The data is collected by our customers and passed on to Early Warning to run validation and verification checks. As soon as one of our customers discovers a CNP credit card fraud, the data is checked and then made available to all other customers via the CardAware database. All merchants who wish to use the system must go through an authorisation procedure managed by Early Warning.
CardAware V3.0 offers the following features;
- Comprehensive fraud database, which is always up-to-date
- Held on a Secure Server in an encrypted format
- Manual or automated fraud searches and merchant data feedback
- Online customer accounts and billing
- Fraudster Watch Facility allows the monitoring of specific search patterns
- Customer Forums and Messaging system
- Archived search patterns for each customer account
CardAware V3.0 has been designed to;
- reduce fraud for merchants operating in CNP environments
- help police with the collection and collation of data with the objective of increasing the number of prosecutions
- provide the most up-to-date real-time information on known CNP threats
CardAware is available from as little as £5 per month for up to 100 transaction searches. Additional searches can be purchased when necessary on a month-by-month basis with topup packs. CardAware is also available to large corporate customers and third -party partners via our Volume Search scheme.
Further information can be obtained from Early Warning.
Further information about this press release, pictures and application screenshots can be obtained by calling Stephen Warren @ The Marketing Exchange on 01903 203205, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
Early Warning UK Ltd manages and administers an online repository of known card-not-present (CNP) frauds and
makes this data available to other authorised retailers. Early Warning develops and markets products that allow
access to this data-sharing facility. In addition, Early Warning UK is also involved with bespoke development projects in the area of fraud prevention.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Pulse Design in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.