Record Revenue Results Fuelled By Large Scale, Global Adoption of Web Application Security
London, UK—March 8, 2005—Kavado Inc., the leader in intelligent application security, today announced record growth in application firewall revenue during the past six months. Kavado’s revenue growth was driven by large-scale adoption of its security solutions in enterprise organisations worldwide. Kavado solutions have now been implemented in five of the top twelve F100 companies across key industries, including financial services, manufacturing and government agencies, within the past year.
"We have seen more than 100% increase in Web application firewall revenue during the last six months and demand is escalating", said Vikram Desai, CEO and president at Kavado. "As companies drive e-commerce applications to the Internet in order to increase efficiencies and margin, they quickly discover that network perimeter security devices do not protect against the ever present application layer vulnerabilities found in common Web enabled applications. As a result, budgets have significantly increased for securing these applications."
New Global Customers
Kavado's new customers include:
• The cell phone division of a large Asian manufacturer that has chosen Kavado to secure an online consumer application for downloading games and ring tones.
• A multi-billion dollar energy and petrochemical company, incorporating Kavado technology to secure an online contract bidding application.
• Europe's premier provider of settlement services in equities and fixed income securities, using Kavado to secure billions of dollars worth of currency trading across international borders.
• A large South American financial institution, employing Kavado for global vulnerability assessment of online applications.
In addition to burgeoning revenue growth, Kavado has also demonstrated leadership in product development, partnerships and operations.
Award Winning Products
Kavado recently introduced the next generation Web application security solution, Defiance TMS, the first enterprise-class threat management solution that secures large-scale, distributed deployments of Web applications and Web services. Defiance TMS, based on new patent-pending technology, introduces scalable intrusion detection and prevention that work seamlessly together to detect threats, generate alerts, and block internal and external attacks to critical corporate and customer data across the enterprise without impacting day-to-day business operations.
Additionally, Kavado was honoured to receive numerous awards including:
• SC Global Awards 2005 – InterDo was selected a finalist for the category of “Best Security Solution for Financial Services” in the US excellence awards.
• Crossroads A-List Award 2004 from Open Systems Advisors for ScanDo Web application scanner
• 01 RÉSEAUX Security Trophy from 01 Réseaux, France's leading IT magazine for InterDo and ScanDo for being the most innovative in the Application Filtering, Content and Traffic Filtering category.
Key Integration Partnerships
• Symantec - Kavado announced the integration of Symantec Corp.’s (Nasdaq: SYMC) Security Management System with Kavado’s InterDo Web application firewall. The integration, certified by Symantec through their Technology Partner Program, benefits customers by ensuring tighter and more efficient security processes, reduced operational costs and effective consolidation of security event data to comply with audit requirements.
• IBM Tivoli - Kavado announced integration with IBM (Nasdaq: IBM) Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator. IBM Tivoli customers can now intelligently and dynamically automate workflows for InterDo Web application firewalls. As a result of the integration, customers can better manage security throughout the enterprise, maintain server availability, and meet required service levels in accordance with business priorities. The integration is part of IBM’s Ready for IBM Tivoli validation program.
About Kavado Inc.
Founded in 2000, Kavado is a leading provider of Intelligent Application SecurityTM solutions for the enterprise, protecting sensitive customer data and corporate assets by identifying and blocking attacks to the enterprise’s most critical Internet, Intranet, and Extranet Web applications. The company’s award-winning security suite of vulnerability and threat management solutions has been adopted by leading Fortune 2000 organisations spanning financial services firms, healthcare providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and government institutions.
Headquartered in Stamford, CT, with offices in the United Kingdom, Israel and throughout the United States, Kavado is a privately held corporation funded by Banc of America Equity Partners, Platinum Neurone Ventures, Pequot Ventures and 3i. For additional information, visit www.kavado.com or contact the company at 203-325-0575.
+44 (0)20 8449 1007
++1 203 325 0575
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Eskenzi PR Limited in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.