Company delivers Visual Data Mining to the Masses - New Modular Structure Addresses Visual Data Mining & Data Visualization Needs of Small, Medium, Educational and Enterprise users.
March 1st, 2005 -- Purple Insight Ltd, the leading provider of real-time, interactive 3-D Visual Data Mining software, announces the immediate availability of MineSet™ 3.2 for Microsoft Windows® platforms.
MineSet is a suite of powerful yet easy-to-use software tools for Visual Data Mining and Data Visualization. It distils complex information into accessible and easily understood interactive 3D real-time graphics to help users quickly identify trends and patterns in their data.
Featuring a new modular structure, MineSet 3.2 offers different levels of functionality designed to meet the visual and analytical needs of small, medium, educational, research and enterprise users. It also offers a standalone powerful data transformation and visualization only module that can be used to view most types of business data, including data from other Data Mining tools or Business Intelligence tools. In addition, all MineSet 3.2 modules are now available on an annual subscription basis and may be downloaded immediately for evaluation and subscription from www.purpleinsight.com/downloads
“Since we founded Purple Insight eighteen months ago, we have recognized that different users of this technology require different sets of functionality” said Gareth Lane, managing director of Purple Insight Ltd. “In addition to traditional uses of MineSet, some organizations simply need access to a flexible yet powerful data transformation and visualization tool for their work, or to enable MineSet based work to be shared easily throughout the enterprise, while others require a full set of robust analytical capabilities, but for varying sizes of datasets. Therefore, we have made MineSet modular and have adjusted our pricing policy to better reflect our customer needs. For example, now MineSet modules start at £135 for a commercial license subscription for 12 months or £35 for non-commercial customers”. With the availability of MineSet for download, evaluation and subscription purchase off the Purple Insight e-commerce site, now users can immediately access the appropriate mo
dule for their needs.
MineSet 3.2 Overview
MineSet 3.2 features four modules designed to meet the needs of different users. To help potential users make the right purchase decision as to the level of functionality appropriate for them, users can download a fully functioning copy of MineSet 3.2 for 30-day evaluation, including a full set of documentation, example datasets, easy-to-use and intuitive tutorials and technical support via the online Technical Support Forum. Once the evaluation period is completed, users can decide on the subscription level that is appropriate for their needs and purchase it online:
• MineSet DV: This entry-level module offers full data transformation and real-time interactive 3D data visualization as well as the ability to run MineSet visualizations created in other MineSet packages. Also users who may want better visibility of data from their day to day applications, such as spreadsheets, databases, data warehouses and even other Data Mining and Business Intelligence applications will find this module very helpful. MineSet DV is available for a yearly subscription price of £135 per user while the subscription price for the non-commercial license* is £35 per user. MineSet DV is available for the Windows platform only and may be purchased and downloaded immediately from the website.
• MineSet 100M: This module adds a powerful data analysis engine to MineSet DV. It has all the features one would expect in a data-mining tool such as statistics, association rules, clustering, regression and classification. MineSet 100M can analyze up to 100,000 records and is available for £335 per user annually. The yearly subscription price for non-commercial* applications is £85 per user. MineSet 100M is available for the Windows platform only and may be purchased and downloaded immediately from the website.
• MineSet 500M: MineSet 500M builds on the analysis power of MineSet 100M and extends it by supporting up to 500,000 records to deliver MineSet’s analytical capability to a larger dataset. Typical uses for MineSet 500M include the analysis of retail customers, fraud detection and drug trial analysis. Commercial licenses are available for a yearly subscription price of £665 per user. The yearly subscription price for non-commercial* applications is £165 per user. MineSet 500M is available for the Windows platform only and may be purchased and downloaded immediately from the website.
• MineSet Enterprise: The Enterprise suite builds further on the capabilities of MineSet 500M and extends it by offering the option to operate a true client-server configuration and the ability to ingest and analyze datasets unlimited in size. The Enterprise suite supports multiple client connection to the MineSet server module and is fully scalable to handle large amounts of data by taking advantage of multi-processor computer systems. Typical users of the MineSet Enterprise module have large scale technical and scientific datasets, data warehouses and large or complex databases. Commercial and non-commercial* MineSet Enterprise licenses are available in license packs on either subscription or perpetual basis. The MineSet Enterprise server and client module is available for Silicon Graphics (SGI) IRIX® and Microsoft Windows operating systems. For additional information on purchasing an Enterprise subscription or perpetual based license, please contact Purple Insight directly
For additional information about MineSet 3.2 or to download a copy for evaluation, please visit www.purpleinsight.com
* Purple Insight encourages and supports the use of MineSet for further education, research and use by charitable organizations and trusts through its Non-Commercial License Use Policy. For full eligibility visit www.purpleinsight.com/policies
About Purple Insight
Founded in 2003, Purple Insight is the premiere provider of Visual Data Mining software serving enterprises with reliable, innovative insight that enables better business decisions. Its flagship product, MineSet, distils complex information into readily accessible and easily understood graphics.
Silicon Graphics, SGI, and IRIX are registered trademarks of Silicon Graphics Inc (NYSE:SGI) and MineSet is a trademark used under license and with kind permission of Silicon Graphics Inc. in the United States and/or other countries worldwide. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of WiseTiger - DO NOT USE in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.