15th March 2005
AUCTIONING4U APPOINTS NEW DIRECTOR
Auctioning4u, the UK’s first chain of eBay drop off shops, is pleased to announce that Christopher Caruk has joined its board as non-executive director with a mandate to oversee the company’s increasingly sophisticated IT set-up. Established in 2003, Auctioning4u is rapidly becoming established as the leading service provider, taking eBay to the High Street.
Christopher has spent 30 years in software and systems management, design and development. In recent years he has been involved with the advancement of Internet, e-commerce and smart card technologies. Starting in the mid 80’s he worked with Northern Telecom and Microtel Pacific Research on infrastructure projects that helped establish the foundations for today’s Internet. In recent years he has devoted himself to the advancement of e-commerce technologies. While Head of Technologies with the recently acquired Dione PLC, Chris delivered the worlds first EMV approved payment terminal and worked closely with MasterCard and Visa to help migrate modern smartcard payment technologies to the Internet. In 2001, this work resulted in the design and development of a system which took a radically new approach to distributing transaction processes over public or private networks. After that Christopher has been Director of Development at TrustMarque International where he developed
a complex government tender system that was successfully piloted by the UK government. He is currently Chief Technology Officer for Aspects Software.
“Auctioning4u has already created application software and processes that takes the laborious eBay sale process and turns it into something straight forward. I am really looking forward to helping take this all to the next level; creating a completely new reverse retail concept for the high street.”
Founder and Managing Director of Auctioning4u Christian Braun comments: “I am delighted that Christopher has been able to join our Board. With 50,000 eBay categories, interactivity with our logistics and payment networks and sellers ranging from individual consumer to collectors to churches, large charities, importers and manufacturers we have a very complex business to manage. His breadth of experience, relevant background knowledge and diverse expertise will help us achieving our very ambitious growth targets.”
For more information, please contact Christian Braun on Tel: 020 7371 6644 or email: email@example.com
For media information (not for publication), please contact Elizabeth Tagge, Blueice Communications
Tel: 01483 28127 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Auctioning4u is the UK’s eBay facilitator, created to help people sell via this popular auction site which currently attracts over 135 million customers from around the world each year. Through Auctioning4u, customers can sell items via eBay without the hassle of writing descriptions, monitoring the auction process or dealing with payments and shipping. Similar to successful US models, Auctioning4u will set everything up on eBay – customers just have to clean out their closets and decide what to sell. Auctioning4u does the rest – if you can’t make it to the shop with your load, the company can even arrange to pick items up for a small fee. Once an item is accepted and registered, you can just go home, put your feet up and wait for the cheque to arrive six weeks later. Auctioning4u also offers its service to charities and companies.
Why use Auctioning4u?
• Auctioning4u’s sale-through rate has been above 90% compared to eBay’s average of 43%
• No hassles with complicated listing issues, monitoring auctions or posting items. The latter is especially useful as at least one third of Auctioning4u’s buyers to date have been overseas, with a significant component from North America
• Auctioning4u can maximise sales prices through the combination of expert staff using the latest technology, a professional photographic studio and the variety of payment methods offered to buyers (credit cards through PayPal, sterling, a variety of international currencies and transfers, cash at stores)
• Using Auctioning4u means customers won’t need to disclose personal details on the net. There is the added security of physical shops, where interested buyers can stop in to pay for and pick up their purchases
• Auctioning4u has a high “trust rating”. Recognised as an eBay ‘PowerSeller’, one of eBay’s most successful sellers in terms of product sales and customer satisfaction, Auctioning4u has a positive feedback rating of 99%, which gives both buyers and sellers confidence
Background on Auctioning4u:
Christian Braun, Managing Director of Auctioning4u, came up with the concept after his wife asked him to help clean house. They ended up with over 200 items too good to give away and she suggested that he investigate selling them on eBay. Both busy professionals, they found the process time consuming and were amazed to discover that while a multitude of American and Continental European companies had sprung up to take on the selling process, nothing similar existed in the UK. Equipped with a London Business School MBA and his experience with GE’s private equity division, Christian saw the perfect opportunity for a new service business
• Auctioning4u-Kensington Olympia, the company’s flagship store is located at 118 Blythe Road, London W14 0HD Tel: 020 7371 3715. Email: email@example.com. Open Mo-Sa 10:00 – 19:00
• Auctioning4u–Notting Hill is located at Stall 18, 161 Portobello Road, London W11 2DY. Tel: 020 7221 2096, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Fr-Sa 10:00 – 17:00
• Auctioning4u-Kew is located at 6 Mortlake Terrace, Kew Green, Surrey TW9 3DT. Tel: 020 8948 4911, Email: email@example.com. Please ring for an appointment
• Auctioning4u-West Hampstead is located at the Tanning Shop Hampstead, 68 Fortune Green Road, West Hampstead NW6 1DT. Tel: (020) 7794 7220 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Mon-Fri 16:00 - 22:00 and Sat 10:00 - 20:00
For franchise information, please contact Auctioning4u Christian Braun, managing director, Tel: 020 7371 6644 or Email: email@example.com
Charities, churches, schools, sport clubs can approach Auctioning4u’s fundraising desk to discuss how the company can support fundraising efforts. Please contact Isabella Pawlowski, fundraising director, Tel: 020 7371 6644 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Blueice Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.