The number of weddings in the UK continues on an upward trend, with over 300,000 weddings projected to take place in 2005. What statisticians have failed to estimate is the increasing number of surplus toasters the happy couples will have to dispose of. While Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles have banned presents to avoid having to deal with unwanted items, most newlyweds try to avoid gauche gifts by sending out details of where their wedding list is registered along with the invitations.
Yet duplicate gifts or those purchased ‘off list’ by well intentioned but taste blind friends or relatives are almost unavoidable. According to a 2003 survey, a staggering £270m is spent on wedding gifts in the UK every year. Unfortunately, a significant part of that sum is wasted, as people buy presents that are never used or in many cases never even opened.
Fortunately, Auctioning4u, the UK’s first and fastest growing chain of eBay drop off shops, offers a safe, secure and above all discrete way for couples to reclaim some of this gift value. Unwanted gifts can be dropped in at any Auctioning4u shop to be sold anonymously on eBay, the world’s largest online auction site, with no embarrassment, no hassle and a cheque in the post in six weeks. Large items, or a collection of items, can even be picked up in the London area. For items outside of London, Auctioning4u has an arrangement with DHL, which will pick up items anywhere in the UK and deliver them to Auctioning4u.
For UK couples, Auctioning4u can help:
Maximise sales prices through the combination of expert staff using the latest technology, a professional photo studio and the variety of payment methods offered to buyers (credit cards through PayPal, sterling, a variety of international currencies and transfers, cash at stores)
Eliminate concerns about fraudulent buyers as nothing is sent out until payment is received
Avoid embarrassment as all sales are handled through Auctioning4u – seller is never identified
Once goods are received, items are photographed from various perspectives, researched and assigned a category (from the 50,000 available). Items are posted for a ten day auction during which time potential buyers can contact Auctioning4u with any questions. When payment is received the goods are despatched to the buyer – anywhere in the world. The newlyweds receive a cheque, usually within six weeks from deposit of the goods – minus one third of the sale price, which goes to Auctioning4u. Out of this percentage the company will pay the eBay, PayPal and VAT fees while the purchaser is responsible for shipping costs.
For more information, please contact Christian Braun on Tel: 020 7371 6644 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media information (not for publication), please contact Elizabeth Tagge, Blueice Communications
Tel: 01483 28127 Email: email@example.com
Auctioning4u is the UK’s eBay facilitator, created to help people sell via this popular auction site which currently attracts over 135 million customers from around the world each year. Through Auctioning4u, customers can sell items via eBay without the hassle of writing descriptions, monitoring the auction process or dealing with payments and shipping. Similar to successful US models, Auctioning4u will set everything up on eBay – customers just have to clean out their closets and decide what to sell. Auctioning4u does the rest – if you can’t make it to the shop with your load, the company can even arrange to pick items up for a small fee. Once an item is accepted and registered, you can just go home, put your feet up and wait for the cheque to arrive six weeks later. Auctioning4u also offers its service to charities and companies.
Why use Auctioning4u?
• Auctioning4u’s sale-through rate has been above 90% compared to eBay’s average of 43%
• No hassles with complicated listing issues, monitoring auctions or posting items. The latter is especially useful as at least one third of Auctioning4u’s buyers to date have been overseas, with a significant component from North America
• Auctioning4u can maximise sales prices through the combination of expert staff using the latest technology, a professional photographic studio and the variety of payment methods offered to buyers (credit cards through PayPal, sterling, a variety of international currencies and transfers, cash at stores)
• Using Auctioning4u means customers won’t need to disclose personal details on the net. There is the added security of physical shops, where interested buyers can stop in to pay for and pick up their purchases
• Auctioning4u has a high “trust rating”. Recognised as an eBay ‘PowerSeller’, one of eBay’s most successful sellers in terms of product sales and customer satisfaction, Auctioning4u has a positive feedback rating of 99%, which gives both buyers and sellers confidence
Background on Auctioning4u:
Christian Braun, Managing Director of Auctioning4u, came up with the concept after his wife asked him to help clean house. They ended up with over 200 items too good to give away and she suggested that he investigate selling them on eBay. Both busy professionals, they found the process time consuming and were amazed to discover that while a multitude of American and Continental European companies had sprung up to take on the selling process, nothing similar existed in the UK. Equipped with a London Business School MBA and his experience with GE’s private equity division, Christian saw the perfect opportunity for a new service business
• Auctioning4u Kensington-Olympia, the company’s flagship store is located at 118 Blythe Road, London W14 0HD Tel: 020 7371 3715. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Mo-Sa 10:00 – 19:00
• Auctioning4u Notting Hill is located at Stall 18, 161 Portobello Road, London W11 2DY. Tel: 020 7221 2096, Email: email@example.com. Open Fr-Sa 10:00 – 17:00
• Auctioning4u West Hampstead is located at the Tanning Shop Hampstead, 68 Fortune Green Road, West Hampstead NW6 1DT. Tel: (020) 7794 7220 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Mon-Fri 16:00 - 22:00 and Sat 10:00 - 20:00
• New shops opening soon in Kew and Fulham Broadway
For franchise information, please contact Marcus Stone, Auctioning4u, Tel: 020 8748 2810 or Email: email@example.com
Charities, churches, schools, sport clubs can approach Auctioning4u’s fundraising desk to discuss how the company can support fundraising efforts. Please contact Isabella Pawlowski, fundraising director, Tel: 020 7371 6644 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Blueice Communications in the following categories: Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.