5 April 2005
UK BUSINESSES SAY THE INTERNET DRIVES REAL BUSINESS BENEFITS
An independent survey conducted amongst 1,023 business visitors to the Internet World exhibition shows that the far-reaching influence of the internet is positively impacting on all business areas:
· 31% of respondents said that using the internet had led to greater efficiency within their businesses
· 26% of businesses said that using the internet had generated a broader client base
· 26% said that using the internet had resulted in an increase in turnover
· 22% of companies said that using the internet had reduced costs
· 22% said that using the internet had increased profits
· 19% said that using the internet generated more international business
· 9% of respondents said that using the internet had resulted in reduced staffing levels
Results of the survey showed that the internet was no longer seen as a simple cost-saving strategy but is being used to drive real business improvement across key areas of businesses in the UK.
· 48% of respondents said that they used the internet to generate revenue
· 47% of businesses said that the internet was used to promote their company and its products
This research demonstrates how the internet makes UK businesses more efficient, more profitable and more wider- reaching than ever before. From reducing costs, to increasing turnover, profit and widening client bases, UK businesses are wondering how they ever managed without the internet.
Mark Dye, Group Managing Editor commented: “As the internet has matured into an easily adoptable solution across every discipline, businesses have recognised the need to increase the level of their internet expertise. And the positive results are clear to see.”
Year-on-year, the Internet World event can chart major growth in key business driving areas:
Subject -2004 -2005
eCommerce -18% - 52% (+188%)
Content Management - 13% - 47% (+261%)
Email marketing - 27% - 43% (+59%)
Show director Phil Nelson commented “We have all seen stories about the growth of online ad spend, of revenues and of UK businesses getting wired. Finally we’re seeing stories about the real impact the internet is making on the bottom line of UK business.”
For more information on the Internet World event or to get free tickets to attend go to www.internetworld.co.uk. The event takes place from the 14th to 16th June 2005 at Earls Court 2.
Press information contact James Coleman, Senior Marketing Manager, Penton Media Europe on +44 (0)20 8232 1600 ext234 or email email@example.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ithaca Business Media in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.