Level 3, Olympia Conference Centre, London, June 1-2 2005
Imago Communications, organisers of the VoIP for Business show, are pleased to announce that Avaya, BT, Cisco, MCI and Tiscali Business Services - five industry leaders in VoIP* (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology and services - are to be the Founding Sponsors of this year's event.
Bon.net, The Internet Telephony Service Provider Association (ITSPA), iDesk, net.com, NextiraOne, Red Box Recorders, Saiph Broadband, Telappliant, TeleWare Hosted Services, Zultys and other VoIP specialists have also confirmed their participation.
"Many experts are saying that "VoIP will be THE technology of 2005" and the fact that such major industry names are supporting the VoIP for Business event lends extra weight to this statement" said Adam Malik, Commercial Director, Imago Communications.
VoIP for Business is a new business event that promises to demystify the technology behind next-generation communications, and create the right environment for organisations to learn, evaluate, match needs and select VoIP solutions. VoIP for Business is built on an Integrated Event Format that includes:
* A VoIP Theatre that showcases over 20 real life VoIP implementations, highlighting costs, challenges and business benefits
* VoIP Demo and VoIP Showcase Theatres where visitors can see over 30 leading VoIP applications in action
* VoIP Business Lounge areas that gives visitors the opportunity to discuss their requirements with leading technology vendors in an informal setting
"VoIP is increasingly being adopted by businesses as a platform to enable lower cost communication and applications such as audio and video conferencing," said Bruce Everest, Convergence Business Development Manager at Avaya UK and Ireland." Events such as this provide businesses with the information and understanding with which to implement and benefit from VoIP."
"VoIP plays a key role within enterprise and public networks today - and we believe its importance will increase even further over time" said Beatriz Butsana-Sita, Head of Marketing, BT Business. "The VoIP capabilities that have been integrated into BT's product portfolio create new and exciting communications possibilities, and it's important that commercial managers as well as technical staff understand the impact these new services can have on their businesses. We're delighted to announce our involvement in VoIP for Business - an event that talks to business audiences about business issues."
Marcus Gallo, Product Marketing, Tiscali Business Services adds that "the recent development of Quality of Service over DSL has removed the final barrier to widespread VoIP adoption for remote sites and Teleworkers."
The VoIP Demo and VoIP Showcase Theatres will point to new possibilities for executive management and technical personnel alike:
* Business managers will discover what IP phone systems and services can do for their businesses; and what return on investment they can expect
* Contact centre managers will learn how they can extend their customer service operations outside their call centres
* Mobile communications managers will hear about exciting new mobile VoIP opportunities
* Network managers will learn about the role that softswitches and streamed services will play in next generation IP networks
The Directors of Imago Communications have over 20 years experience in successfully designing, launching and implementing events for the high-tech community worldwide. Their business approach is based on an in-depth knowledge of what makes IT markets tick, and in catering for the real needs of end users at all levels, through a multi-faceted approach. Successful events they have launched and developed include: COMPEC, The Which Computer? Show, Softworld, and Storage Expo.
* A technology for carrying telephone calls over IP networks (such as the Internet) that involves digitising and packetising voice streams. VoIP-based telephony will facilitate the adoption of advanced voice and data solutions that incorporate video conferencing, application sharing, multi channel contact handling, on-demand speech recording, unified messaging, unified directories and more
For further information please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)208 744 9168
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Gray Associates in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.