Historic Pier For Sale on http://www.BusinessesForSale.com
Lowestoft’s historic Claremont Pier is for sale on BusinessesForSale.com for £2.8m.
The pier was built in 1903 to service the famous ‘Belle’ steamers from London Bridge and offered trips to Southend, Clackton and Great Yarmouth.
“It’s a wonderful business opportunity,” says David Scott, one of the family members who own the pier. “It’s also a piece of heritage.”
The pier contains a large amusement arcade, bar, nightclub and restaurant. It’s a profitable business in its own right with a turnover of around £1m. Plans to increase the nightclub capacity from 280 to 1,000 people make this an attractive opportunity.
The pier is also the focal point for the Lowestoft Sea Front Air Festival, which attracts over 200,000 visitors a day towards the end of July.
“The area is being regenerated,” says Scott. “The tourist industry is expanding and the pier is at the heart of that growth,” he adds.
However, no historical icon is complete without its resident ghost. The successful purchase of the Claremont Pier will also include the acquisition of a spirit – in the form a woman in a long fur coat and hat.
“She’s been seen in what used to be the old waiting room,” says Scott. “Apparently, during the early 1900s her son was tragically killed, slipping between a Steam ship and the pier. She’s still waiting for her boy to return.”
To buy this business or for more information go to:
Over 18,000 life changing opportunities. Don’t dream about it. Do it
For information call Marcus Markou at BusinessesForSale.com on 020 7864 9700
Notes to editors:
1. BusinessesForSale.com (http://www.BusinessesForSale.com) is privately owned. Based in London, it currently lists 18,000 enterprises in over 70 countries.
2. BusinessesForSale.com receive over 10,000 business buyers every day, spending an average of 17 minutes each.
3. BusinessesForSale.com was launched in May 2000, by the publishers of the former magazine Businesses and Premises For Sale.
4. BusinessesForSale.com is part of Dynamis plc. Other Dynamis websites include www.FranchiseSales.com and www.BusinessOpportunities.com
5. For more information call Marcus Markou on 0207 864 9700
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BusinessesForSale.com in the following categories: Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.