PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
24th MAY 2005
Avanquest UK installs Captaris RightFax at PepsiCo UK
Avanquest UK, supplier of leading-edge, best of breed corporate solutions for the enterprise has installed Captaris RightFax at PepsiCo to complement their centralised purchasing system, allowing the automatic production of purchase orders.
PepsiCo is a world leader in convenience foods and beverages with brands available in nearly 200 countries and territories. PepsiCo UK & Ireland (PIUK) is part of PepsiCo International and is the combination of four of the UK’s best known brands - Walkers, Pepsi, Tropicana and Quaker.
Ian Shields, Architecture Controller at PIUK comments “The RightFax software has been integral in enabling us to implement our centralised purchasing system, with minimal setup and customisation to the core ERP Package. It has reduced workload for specific buyers and sites, as they no longer have to print the Purchase Orders in order to fax manually. The Purchasing/Buying team and individual manufacturing sites ordering raw materials, have experienced significant benefits as the operation is now achieved via a single system with all faxes being sent centrally and fully audited.”
Chris Thompson, Managing Director of Avanquest UK says “LAN based fax management plays a crucial role in today’s information delivery infrastructure. Avanquest can report continued growth in RightFax installations, from both new and existing customers. Extensive feedback from both our Resellers and customers means we are able to deliver the most robust enterprise fax and e-document delivery solution yet created which leads to increased returns on IT investments for our customers.”
Features and Benefits:
• Open Database–leverages Microsoft SQL server to support the scalability, reliability, performance and interoperability needs of enterprise customers.
• RightFax Web Access (new Microsoft .NET-based Web client)–provides updated intuitive .NET-based Web interface for sending, receiving and managing faxes to make it more robust and flexible for users as well as easier to deploy for administrators.
• Expanded security and privacy capabilities–provides two-tiered administrative layers and restricts viewing of fax content by administrators, tracks users who view a fax and disallows boards-level binary file transfers, unless opted.
• Short Messaging Services (SMS) enhancements–users can now create and send SMS messages from various RightFax clients such as Outlook, Notes, FaxUtil, etc. Also introduces functionality to send SMS messages in an automated production fax environment and provides bi-directional SMS text messaging to support global customers and improve usability.
• IBM Lotus Notes enhancements–upgraded support for Lotus Notes R6.5 including iNotes, support for Lotus Notes clustering, enhanced reporting, SecureDocs from Notes (certified delivery and encrypted PDF), support for SMS, as well as a host of other enhancements to simplify deployment and improve usability, security and reliability.
• Fax over IP (FoIP)–supports Internet real-time faxing standard T.38 via Brooktrout’s TR 1034 intelligent fax boards to provide a secure on-ramp for organizations wishing to take advantage of FoIP.
• Do Not Fax/Do Not Dial–supports anti-Spam measures and compliance with FCC regulations TCPA and Junk Fax Protection Act by checking outgoing faxes against a list of numbers to be blocked.
Avanquest UK is part of the Avanquest global organisation. Formed in June 2003 by parent company BVRP Software Group, Avanquest is a network of companies offering a complete range of software publishing resources and a worldwide market to software developers from around the globe. Avanquest has a local presence on five continents and long-established relationships across all channels of distribution in markets covering nearly 90% of the world’s total software sales. BVRP Software Group, a leading international software developer and publisher, was founded in Paris in 1984 and is listed on the Nouveau Marché of the Euronext stock exchange (ISIN FR0004026714). For additional information, please visit www.avanquest.co.uk and www.bvrp.com.
Alison Hall, Public Relations
Tel: 07899 986932
Tel: 01962 835053
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Alison Hall PR in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.