British Exporters Association
Telephone: 020 7222 5419 FAX@ 020 7799 2468
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.bexa.co.uk
EMBARGOED UNTIL 7.00PM, MONDAY, 13TH JUNE 2005
13 June 2005
SUPPORTING ONGOING UK MANUFACTURING SUCCESS:
WINNER OF YOUNG EXPORTER AWARD ANNOUNCED
“In an economic environment where the value of exports appears to have been forgotten, we wanted to do something to redress the balance” says Sue Walton, Chairman of the British Exporters Association (BExA). “Through BExA’s new Young Exporter of the Year Award, we hope to raise the profile of the exporter and, at the same time, recognise promising young men and women wishing to develop a career in exporting.”
The Winner of the first Award, to be announced this evening, is Jason Evans, a sales manager with Corus.
He impressed the judges by the resolve and imaginative approach he showed to commercial and technical issues. His success secured Corus Tubes Energy Business pipe mill in Hartlepool with work on double shift loading for twenty weeks.
The two runners-up are Helen Twite and Tania Sacco, both from Rolls-Royce, who both made significant contributions to major, successful, sales campaigns.
The competition will be an annual event for young people under 30. It will highlight the considerable talent that exists in this vital commercial sector – which directly benefits the UK economy and British jobs as well contributing to international economic development.
- Jason Evans, 28, is a Sales Manager with Corus Tubes Energy Business, Corby, Northants. He is responsible for sales and market development for Europe and Africa.
- His nomination for the Award related to his work in securing the Egyptian Qasr-Shams Gas Pipeline order (£25m (approx.), requiring 40,000 tonnes of Corus UK manufactured pipe) from a US/Egyptian client ‘KPC’ (a joint venture between Apache Corporation USA and EGPC Egypt).
- The Award, a cheque for £1,000, was presented at the Spring Reception of the
British Exporters Association, on Monday, 13th June, by the Rt. Hon. Sir Richard
Needham, a former Trade Minister, who is President of the British Exporters Association.
- Amongst BExA’s guests at the Award ceremony were Ian Pearson MP, newly-appointed Trade Minister and Barry Gardiner MP, Under-Secretary of State for Competitiveness. BExA’s Chief Guest was Patrick Crawford, Chief Executive of the Export Credits Guarantee Department (ECGD).
- BExA, established in 1940, is an independent UK trade association that brings together UK manufacturers and international traders and those who assist them in the banking and credit insurance sectors.
- Contact: Corus: Annanya Sarin, Corporate Relations: Tel +44 (0) 20 7717 4532 FAX
+44 (0) 20 7717 4316; BExA: Sue Walton, Chairman, on 020 7227 9076; Hugh Bailey,
Director, on 020 7222 5419
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of British Exporters Association in the following categories: Business & Finance, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.