The Menopause Exchange
For immediate release - 31 August 2005
Looking for a case study?
If you need a case study on the menopause, look no further than The Menopause Exchange, the information service for anyone with an interest in the menopause and related issues.
Two of our members want to share their stories, so that other women can benefit from their experiences of the menopause, HRT and self-help measures.
Barbara started going through the menopause at around age 50 and suffers from severe hot flushes and night sweats. She has tried to come off HRT (patches) twice by suddenly stopping the treatment, without success. She is now trying to do this gradually by following advice in The Menopause Exchange newsletter. She has used medical herbalism to help her menopausal problems.
Anne has had gynaecological problems for much of her life and had a hysterectomy before she turned 40. She has had emotional symptoms associated with the menopause. She was on oestrogen-only HRT for four years but came off it when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She says that she is happy to talk about her experiences if it helps other women.
If you are interested in using one or both of these case studies, contact The Menopause Exchange on 020 8420 7245 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES FOR EDITORS
The Menopause Exchange covers a wide range of subjects like menopausal symptoms, HRT and its alternatives, nutrition and lifestyle and medical conditions (e.g. osteoporosis). It is completely independent – it is not sponsored by any companies and is funded purely by subscriptions. The Menopause Exchange has an Ask the Experts panel and fact sheets specifically for members.
• The Menopause Exchange Newsletter was launched in June 1999.
• The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman, a pharmacist with a Master’s degree in health promotion. She gives talks on the menopause at health clubs, organisations/workplaces, pharmacies and other venues. Her daughter, Victoria, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Master’s degree in Science Communication.
• The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses and pharmacists) and complementary practitioners.
• Topics covered in previous issues of the newsletter include: HRT questions you forget to ask your doctor; HRT benefits and risks; sexuality after the menopause; complementary therapies at the menopause; heart disease; memory problems; anti-ageing beauty secrets; weight control; and phytoestrogens in your diet.
• UK annual membership (4 issues of the newsletter and regular fact sheets) costs £18 for individuals; £22 for local organisations; £30 for companies/national organisations; corporate (over 10 copies) and overseas memberships are available on request.
• All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Menopause Exchange in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.