- The leading network monitoring, surveillance and response product now adds enterprise-wide management
Peapod Ltd. today announced the availability of Abirnet's SessionWall-3 Enterprise Version. The Enterprise Version leverages the surveillance, intrusion detection and response capabilities of the existing SessionWall-3 product by adding 'see-it-all' centralised management data consolidation and reporting.
Commented Phil Ryan, Product Marketing Manager at Peapod, "SessionWall-3 is easy to install and use, and as a result has already been deployed by many of our customers to prevent network usage abuses and security exposures. The Enterprise Version builds on these important capabilities and applies these same attributes to the corporate environment."
"SessionWall-3 has overcome the primary inhibitor to providing network monitoring and blocking - lack of network expertise and resource. With the Enterprise Version, companies can significantly expand their ability to understand how their entire network is being used while protecting their assets and employees," said Kurt Ziegler, CEO of Abirnet, a MEMCO Software Company.
SessionWall-3 Enterprise Version includes the full function SessionWall-3, which provides real-time detection and response, SessionWall-3 Central, which provides central monitoring and response, SessionWall-3 Remote, which provides remote operation of deployed SessionWall-3 systems and SessionWall-3 Log View for consolidating the various deployed event and content for subsequent analysis.
SessionWall-3 Enterprise Version features:-
- Comprehensive Intrusion Detection, including the capability to recognise hacking patterns and signatures, known viruses, unapproved URL usage, malicious or suspicious Java/ActiveX applets and password cracking attempts.
- Unobtrusive Monitoring and Logging of all desired information in an encrypted database with signature for integrity. The log not only includes session information - it also includes email content, email attachment content and URL content.
- Easy-to-use Reports which enable managers, administrators and auditors to view summarised information in graphical presentation then 'drill down' to the associated detail with a simple click. The reports can present usage by NT user and standard reports are available which report billing for network usage by service. There is a report option which enables scheduling the running of reports and another option which exports them in HTML format so that users can use a Web browser to view the exported reports.
- Real-Time Intrusion Responses, including sending alarms via email, pager, SMTP traps and fax, and blocking selected activity at the time of occurrence, thus protecting both users and the network from corruption and attack. SessionWall-3 uses 'Stateful Dynamic Blocking' which can block sessions in process based on the session content and then dynamically build specific blocking rules for subsequent sessions.
Pricing and Availability
Available immediately, the SessionWall-3 Central Management Station starts from £935.
Established in 1991, Peapod Ltd has quickly become one of Europe's leading authorities on the management and security of enterprise networks and the Internet. The company's track record for identifying and introducing the industry's best software products into Europe has enabled it to develop a large corporate customer list covering the finance, government, utilities, retail, food and drink, travel and media industry sectors. Peapod Ltd has offices in the UK, Germany, France, Belgium and Sweden.
For further information contact: Phil Ryan Peapod Ltd
Tel: 0181 606 9990 E-mail: email@example.com
Alex Shepherd/Amy Rendle
Tel: 01494 434434
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Strategic Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.