High Peak Borough Council today announced that it is working in partnership with Northgate Information Solutions on a project to deliver radical improvements to its planning and building control service.
Northgate is providing new and upgraded technology solutions which, together with new business processes, will deliver a more efficient and effective service for High Peak’s citizens and employees alike.
The Council has selected four of Northgate’s leading solutions – Planning, E-Planning, Building Control and a Gazetteer – as well as a new Land Charges system. All components will be fully operational by March 2006.
Northgate’s services and solutions will enable the council’s planning department to:
- streamline its business processes and maximise efficiency;
- provide simple, relevant and up-to-date planning information to the public;
- track the progress of all building and planning projects;
- respond to customer queries more effectively;
- ensure all new building projects adhere to the latest regulations;
- manage its address data effectively through a flexible Gazetteer;
- and measure performance in order to focus on Best Value.
Northgate’s Land Charges system will also speed up the processing of local land charge searches, allowing users to record enquirer details, review fees received and track the progress of searches across departments.
-Mike Morris, Client Programme Manager at High Peak Borough Council said today: -
“We are excited about the transformation our agreement with Northgate will deliver for our customers and staff. Customers will benefit from a faster and more comprehensive service, and staff will benefit from a higher quality working environment “.
- David Meaden, Managing Director of Northgate Public Services added,-
“We are delighted to be providing both consultancy and a range of solutions to High Peak Borough Council, demonstrating the range of Northgate’s capability in this area. Our work with High Peak will increase efficiency and deliver a better service to citizens.”
- For more information: -
Kathy Sutton, 020 7849 3403 / 07966 890401
Naomi Stevenson, 020 7849 3508 / 07966 890403
- Notes to Editors:-
1. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of software and managed services to the public services and utilities markets. Northgate’s task is to enhance public value through the intelligent use of people and technology, and to share in the economic and social benefits that this brings.
2. In the UK, Northgate works with four out of five local authorities and every police force. With divisional headquarters in Hemel Hempstead and Belfast, Northgate has 25 major offices across the UK and six international offices. Founded in 1969, the company has over 3,300 employees.
3. Northgate’s Gazetteer, Building Control, Planning, E-planning and Land Charges solutions are part of Northgate’s leading range of land and housing products used across the UK to support councils in delivering a better service to citizens.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.