West Yorkshire Police is to benefit from a new partnership with leading technology company Northgate Information Solutions.
Northgate will deliver an expert document management system (DMS) linked to the force’s penalty notice solution, also provided by the company, to radically reduce the amount of administration required.
Using intelligent recognition software to scan the information, once validated it automatically updates Northgate’s VP/FPO penalty notice solution. The new DMS, delivered in partnership with Scomagg Ltd, will also enable officers to:
- deal more efficiently with incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- manage complete case files from their workstation;
- store and extract information from up to 750,000 ‘images’ per year;
- provide a full audit trail.
Northgate will also provide expert training for police officers to enable them to use the system most effectively.
David Meaden, Managing Director of Public Services at Northgate Information Solutions, said today:
“We are delighted to be helping West Yorkshire Police to reduce the administrative burden on their officers.
“To maintain public trust, it is important that the police can access information quickly and efficiently, enabling them to spend more time helping the local communities they serve.”
For further information:
Kathy Sutton, 07966 890401
Naomi Stevenson, 07966 890403
Notes to editors
1. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of software and managed services to the public services and utilities markets. Northgate’s task is to enhance public value through the intelligent use of people and technology, and to share in the economic and social benefits that this brings.
2. Northgate works with four out of five UK local authorities and every police force. With divisional headquarters in Hemel Hempstead and Belfast, Northgate has 25 major offices across the UK and six international offices. Founded in 1969, the company has over 3,300 employees.
3. Northgate is the government’s chosen provider of penalty notice enforcement systems for anti-social behaviour to the police, enabling the extended police family to issue penalty notices for minor disorder to help promote community well-being. Northgate is also the supplier of enforcement systems for London’s congestion charging scheme.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.