South West Water has again selected Northgate Information Solutions to help them maintain and improve their water standards.
Northgate’s StruMap GIS is already in use at South West Water. The company is now implementing the Northgate Flushing Designer to assist with the design of flushing sequences, which enable water companies to remove the build up of sediment in order to ensure water quality.
Compared with traditional manual methods, this new intelligent software will enable South West Water’s engineers to reduce the time spent at the design stage by as much as 80%.
Other advantages include:
- Easy identification of customers affected, who can then be notified of planned works;
- Ability to save and incorporate flushing sequences into planned maintenance schedules;
- Easily accessible results, through industry-standard output formats;
- Accurate calculation of the volume of water required.
- Steve Newman, Distribution Engineer at South West Water, said today:-
“Our existing partnership with Northgate has meant that we can incorporate this new suite of tools directly into our system. I am sure that the investment will pay dividends for South West Water within a short period of time.”
- Dave Meaden, Managing Director of Northgate Public Services, added:-
“We are delighted to be continuing our work with South West Water, enabling them to work more efficiently and to reduce the level of disruption for their customers.”
- For further information:-
Kathy Sutton, 07966 890401
Naomi Stevenson, 07966 890403
Notes to editors
1. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of software and managed services to the public services and utilities markets. Northgate’s task is to enhance public value through the intelligent use of people and technology, and to share in the economic and social benefits that this brings. With divisional headquarters in Hemel Hempstead and Belfast, Northgate has 25 major offices across the UK and six international offices. Founded in 1969, the company has over 3,300 employees.
2. Northgate is a major provider of software and managed services to the utilities. It works with eight out of the big ten water companies in the UK and is the number one provider of managed services to the electricity industry in Northern Ireland.
3. Northgate’s StruMap GIS is the market-leading product in the water industry. StruMap enables organisations to better manage their assets, and understand how they all work together so that they can see the effect of each asset on the network as a whole. The Northgate Flushing Designer has been developed in consultation with experienced flushing sequence designers specifically for the needs of the UK water industry.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.