IDENTITY PROTECTOR [GHOSTSURF 2006 PLATINUM] LAUNCHED TO HELP PROTECT USERS’ ID ON THE WEB AND PROVIDE SAFER WEB ENVIRONMENT
Avanquest UK, a leading provider of complete software publishing solutions, has launched Identity Protector to safeguard web users’ identity and credit card details.
The increasing numbers of individuals and companies using the Internet on a daily basis for online banking, e-commerce, booking insurance and holidays, has led to an ever increasing circle of hackers, webmasters and even work colleagues watching and obtaining information on other users’ habits and personal details. This is made possible because a computer will automatically broadcast an IP address to other websites that draws attention to a user’s presence.
According to recent figures published by the Association of Payment and Clearing Services (APACS), Card Not Present fraud (CNP), associated with internet related activity, was the one area that continued to grow showing a 5% increase in the period ending June 2005. According to the research half of shoppers online can do much more to protect themselves.*
Identity Protector enables users to surf the web securely with the assurance that their personal information remains completely hidden via an encrypted Internet connection. When a user is surfing the web Identity Protector routes their connection through an anonymous hub hiding the real IP address and providing a clean, safe environment.
Five reasons to use Identity Protector:
1. Advanced Anonymous Surfing Tools — Encrypts an Internet connection and routes surfing through private anonymous hubs to ensure user security and anonymity
2. Unparalleled Tracks Cleaning and File Deletion — Erases Web history, cache, clipboard and cookies to US Department of Defense standards for data destruction
3. Powerful and Comprehensive Spyware Protection — Includes SpyCatcher™ 2006, Tenebril's state-of-the-art anti-spyware product, the first and only antispyware solution that continuously protects users from next-generation mutating spyware easily and safely. SpyCatcher enables even novice PC users to remove and block the most insidious threats automatically, protecting privacy and preserving PC performance.
4. Encrypts Confidential Files and Documents — Encrypts and password-protects data, providing a single, secure location to store sensitive information.
5. Eliminates Online Ads — Enables users to eliminate all types of ads, including pop-ups, in-page and paid-search engine ads, as well as ActiveX, flashing text animated images.
Peter Machin, Product Manager of Avanquest UK says, “The continued growth in Internet related crime has created a real demand for a product that will allow users to surf securely without the worry of identity theft and fraud. Identity Protector will provide a far safer and cleaner environment for individuals and families to benefit from the World Wide Web.”
Identity Protector is available now for £29.99 from http://www.avanquest.co.uk/shop
Notes to editor:
Please contact Media Safari for a full copy of the APACS report
About Tenebril Inc.
Tenebril, Inc. is a growing software utilities company based in Boston, Massachusetts. Founded in 1998, Tenebril aims to make the computing experience simpler and safer with its products. Through its flagship product, GhostSurf Pro, Tenebril has done just that by bringing Internet privacy and peace of mind to tens of thousands of users worldwide. For more information about Tenebril, please visit the company Web site at www.tenebril.com.
About Avanquest Software
Avanquest Software is a global developer and leading publisher of best-selling personal and professional software designed for utilities, office productivity, communications and mobility worldwide. Headquartered in France, with operating units, subsidiaries and offices located in United States, France, Germany, Great Britain, Spain, China and Korea, Avanquest Software products are marketed in over 100 countries, through e-commerce, OEM partnerships and IT resellers. Founded in 1984 as BVRP Software and listed since December 1996 on Euronext (ISIN FR0004026714), Avanquest Software forms part of the Eurolist, NextEconomy segment and SBF 250 index. In 2004, Avanquest Software posted record financial results, with revenue of €57.0M, operating income of €6.9M and a net income of €5.3M. Additional information on Avanquest Software is available at www.avanquest.com.
For further information, photography and review copies please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 731388
Mob: +44 (0) 7973 210515
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Media Safari in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.