A good night’s sleep is essential in helping us function and survive the busy day ahead. Without that, we can lack concentration and rely on a continuous flow of coffee to keep our mind on the job. Missing the odd night’s sleep may not seem like a big deal at the time as ‘there’s always the weekend to catch up’. But, when it becomes a regular occurrence, there’s a problem - and it could be the bed that’s to blame.
March is National Bed Month - an annual celebration of beds - designed to remind everyone of the importance of a quality bed to a good night’s sleep. And when we say bed, we mean both the mattress and the base. They need to work together in harmony if we’re going to get the most from our sleep.
Hypnos, the makers of the most comfortable beds in the world, has recently launched the Orthos Support range. This range considers every aspect of the sleeping experience and uses the latest in pocket spring technology to balance firmer support with maximum comfort. There are three levels of firmness to choose from so you can have the mattress to suit your individual needs.
In addition there is the Hypnos range of headboards to ensure you have maximum support whilst sitting up in bed as well as when you’re asleep. The Orthos Adjustable Headboard is designed to provide you with lower back support whilst the Orthos Lumbar Support Headboard is curved to mirror your spine.
Or, if you already have a bedstead, why not choose one of five Hypnos mattresses from the Bedstead Mattress range. Each mattress uses Hypnos Reactive Spring technology and superior fillings to compensate for any loss of comfort experienced by sleeping on a bedstead.
Whatever your sleep requirements Hypnos can tailor a sleep haven package to suit you so you can enjoy this year’s National Bed Month. And to underwrite their commitment, Hypnos has given an educational grant to support the publication of a ‘Tips for a Good Night’s Sleep’ leaflet through Sleep Matters - a nurse run information line operated by the Medical Advisory Service. The service is available to people who are having difficulty sleeping on 0208 994 9874 Monday to Friday, 6–8pm.
TIPS ON CHOOSING AND LOOKING AFTER YOUR BED*
1. Your mattress should be changed every ten years as, by then, it will have experienced 30,000 long hours of hard labour and is likely to have deteriorated up to 70% from its new state**
2. Choose a quality bed with a comfortable and supportive mattress that meets your individual needs
3. When selecting a bed spend at least ten minutes trying it out to ensure it is suitable. If you are sharing your bed the decision must be made by both you and your partner
4. If choosing a bedstead and mattress separately you must check that the mattress is suitable and comfort and support will not be lost
5. When transporting your mattress home avoid folding or squashing it in the car – this can cause permanent damage
6. Don’t leave any polythene wrappings on a new mattress as this will dampness, mildew and rotting from the condensation
7. Use a washable mattress protector to avoid your mattress from being stained
8. Pull back the bedcovers in the morning leaving the mattress exposed for 20 minutes to allow body moisture to evaporate
9. Don’t get in the habit of sitting on the edge of the bed or letting the kids bounce up and down - this will damage your mattress
10. Vacuum your mattress and base from time to time to remove fluff and dust
* The Sleep Council - The Sleep Good, Feel Good Guide
** The Sleep Council – Choosing the Right Bed
The Hypnos Orthos Support range consists of three mattresses:
* the Orthos Support 1600 is the ultimate combination of luxury and comfort with maximum support
* the Orthos Support 1400 provides a high level of support and is combined with foam to enhance the comfort experience
* the Orthos Support 1200 balances firm support with comfort
The Hypnos Orthos Headboard range consists of two innovative designs:
* the Orthos Adjustable Headboard complete with adjustable pillows to provide lower back support when sitting up in bed
* the Orthos Lumbar Support Headboard is curved to mirror your spine to give your lower back the support it needs
The Hypnos Bedstead Mattress range consists of five mattresses:
* Platinum – the ultimate in comfort and support with a visco-elastic layer for superior comfort
* Sapphire – a supportive mattress plus the comfort of luxurious fillings including silk
* Emerald – sumptuous lambswool fillings combined with the latest in pocket spring technology to give the perfect balance of comfort and support
* Gold – the combination of luxurious lambswool and cotton felt fillings with Hypnos Reactive Pocket Springs
* Silver – lambswool and cotton felt fillings are combined with Hypnos Reactive Springs to make this mattress perfect for bedsteads
The Bottom Line Consultancy
T 01992 579990
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Bottom Line Consultancy Ltd in the following categories: Health, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.