LOS ANGELES (January 24, 2006) – Online dating is flourishing in Western Europe as singles worldwide take to the Web in their search for love and companionship. Userplane (www.userplane.com), the leading provider of live community software, today announced the deployment of its Flash applications on an expanding roster of UK-based dating and social networking sites.
According to Britain’s TimesOnline (http://www.timesonline.co.uk), a recent survey reported that 65 percent of singles in the U.K. have used an Internet dating service. The new Userplane-enabled websites offer members access to the company’s live community features, facilitating communication through Userplane Webchat and Userplane Webmessenger.
Userplane is now providing its Apps to:
• Single2Couple.com (http://www.single2couple.com) – An online dating hub that offers three distinct sections for single people: Dating, Events, and Marriage.
• Face-pic.com (http://www.face-pic.com) – A new social networking and community websites that offers profiles, blogs, forums, and mobile messaging.
• TotallyJewishDating.com (http://www.totallyjewishdating.com) – A U.K.-based dating website that supports the dating interests of its larger TotallyJewish community portal.
• Christiansuk.com (http://www.christiansuk.com) – An internet dating destination run by Christians and providing “dedicated Christian Dating services”.
• PartyFlirt.co.uk (http://www.partyflirt.co.uk) – A dating portal for the 18-35 demographic of the “UK’s party people -- for personals, love, romance, and flirting.”
“We have recently seen a rapid embrace of online social networking and online dating in Europe,” said Michael Jones, co-founder and CEO, Userplane. “Many of our European clients are actually seeing faster growth than their US counterparts.”
To affirm the increasingly global reach and ever-changing nature of online dating, Jones will participate in the annual meeting of IDEA OASIS, a not-for-profit association for the Online Dating and Social Networking industries (http://www.ideaoasis.org). The meeting will be held on February 3rd at the Internet Dating Conference in Miami, Florida (www.idate2006.com). Jones is a founding board member of the organization.
Userplane tools provide full website administrative control and customization for each deployment to match the business model and branding of the site. Userplane Apps are seamlessly integrated with existing user databases, login systems, and buddy lists through fast and simple XML and any web scripting language. Leveraging Macromedia’s robust Flash Communication Server technology, Userplane enables community, dating, corporate and collaborative websites to rapidly deploy text and A/V communication for their members.
Based in Los Angeles, Userplane is the premier provider of enterprise social software for online communities. Userplane Apps are easy to use, rapidly deployed Flash web applications that support live text and A/V communication. Each Userplane App adds core, must-have features to thriving community websites. Deployed internationally on sites ranging from online dating to social networks to intranets, Userplane Apps reach millions of users in more than fifteen countries. Userplane dramatically increases online interaction and improves guest-to-member conversion. Recent clients include: Date.com, Friendster, Honda, and Red Bull.
Note to editors: High-resolution Web or print Userplane Application screenshots are available at http://www.userplane.com/partner/press.cfm
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Edge Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.