Barracuda IM Firewall Combines Internal IM Server with Easy and Secure Management of Public IM Services
Basingstoke, UK, March 2, 2006 – Barracuda Networks, Inc., today announced the international launch of the Barracuda IM Firewall, the first and only all-in-one instant messaging appliance. The Barracuda IM Firewall – which debuted in North America in September – incorporates an IM server with native consumer IM traffic filtering, IM archiving and policy management technologies in one easy-to-use and affordable solution, creating a secure and seamless channel for rapid business communication.
The Barracuda IM Firewall provides the tools necessary for organisations to secure, monitor, and manage all IM communication. The Barracuda IM Firewall is capable of managing and archiving all public IM traffic as well as providing a secure instant messaging server for internal -and often confidential - corporate communications.
The Barracuda IM Firewall’s secure internal IM server, coupled with strong IM traffic identification and archiving functionality helps address the increasing concerns surrounding IM use and compliance with laws such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), as well as Basel II and other industry regulations. The Barracuda IM Firewall features automatic IM logging and complete archiving including date, time and full text of discussions between parties. The Barracuda IM Firewall captures and logs all IM traffic - from the internal IM server and public IM services and networks – and is equipped to archive all users’ IM sessions for five years.
“This is a truly priceless benefit for healthcare, financial, legal, educational, and government organisations in particular,” said Dean Drako, president and CEO of Barracuda Networks. “Using the Barracuda IM Firewall, businesses will no longer have to second guess whether IM is a fully compliant and completely secure means of communication.”
In addition to IM traffic identification and archiving, the Barracuda IM Firewall also provides:
• Private and Secure IM Server/Network: All internal Barracuda IM Firewall messages are encrypted using up to 256-bit encryption.
• Audit Trail for IM Communications: The Barracuda IM Firewall provides full logging capabilities for an audit trail of all business communications.
• Keyword Identification and Reporting: The Barracuda IM Firewall Keyword Identification and Reporting tools allow administrators to monitor and control the types of IM traffic on their network. With Keyword Identification, administrators can flag, filter, or block message content that violates company policy, enabling the administrator to take appropriate action. The Reporting tools enable administrators to view which users are utilising which IM services and for how long, ensuring that user productivity on IM is kept at a premium.
• Interoperability with Public IM Networks: The Barracuda IM Firewall is compatible with popular IM services such as AOL, Yahoo!, MSN, ICQ and the new Google Talk service, making it easy to manage and monitor public IM services that may already be in use within the organization as well as block access to public IM as needed.
• Unified Client for all IM Networks: The Barracuda IM Firewall client allows users to access secure internal IM and all public IM networks from a single familiar interface. The Barracuda IM Firewall comes fully featured in one easy to use and deploy appliance. Unlike competing products, no additional software or servers are required to integrate message archiving or policy management capabilities.
The international launch of the Barracuda IM Firewall follows Barracuda Networks focus on providing its growing customer base with powerful and innovative solutions that protect against threats to emerging network applications such as instant messaging.
“Instant messaging is in widespread use among global corporations for everyday communications and is one area that has yet to be properly addressed in terms of security and management,” said Paul Thackeray, vice president and managing director, EMEA for Barracuda Networks. “The Barracuda IM Firewall is affordable, powerful and can scale to suit organisations of any size.”
Barracuda IM Firewall 220, 320, 420, 620 and 820
Available in five models, the Barracuda IM Firewall supports up to 7,000 users in a single system. Organisations with more than 7,000 users can combine multiple Barracuda IM Firewalls serving distinct user segments to provide private and secure IM communication across very large communities. With no software to install, no modifications required to the network and an intuitive user interface for maintenance and monitoring, the Barracuda IM Firewall is easy to install and virtually maintenance-free. Hourly Energize Updates are made automatically by Barracuda Central so that the Barracuda IM Firewall remains up-to-date with the most effective methods to identify and control public IM traffic and to combat ever-changing virus variants.
Pricing and Availability
The Barracuda IM Firewall will be available from end of first quarter 2006. Prices start at £1,599 with no per user licensing fees and vary depending on model. For more information, please visit Barracuda Networks Web site at www.barracudanetworks.com.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda Networks is the leading provider of enterprise-class spam firewall solutions for comprehensive email protection. Its flagship products, the Barracuda Spam Firewall and Barracuda Spam Firewall – Outbound, provide spam and virus protection for over 30,000 customers around the world, including Adaptec, Caltrans, CBS, Georgia Institute of Technology, IBM, Knight Ridder, NASA, Pizza Hut, Union Pacific Railroad Company, and the U.S. Treasury Department. In addition, Barracuda Networks offers the Barracuda Spyware Firewall for complete network protection against spyware, malware and viruses and the Barracuda IM Firewall, the only all in one gateway solution for IM traffic management and security. Barracuda Networks is a privately held company with headquarters in Mountain View, California. Barracuda Networks has offices in eight international locations and distributors in over 43 countries. More information is available at www.barracudanetworks.com.
Barracuda Networks, Inc.
+44 (0)1628 673007
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BondPR UK in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.