Barclays has introduced a new on-line application for it’s current account product - which is simple and easy to use with a typical application taking around 10 minutes.
Julian Brewer, Head of On-line Marketing said: "The improvement of our on-line facilities demonstrates Barclays determination to give customers an efficient service when applying for our value for money products. Our on-line current account service now has 30 per cent less questions to answer.
“Together with the launch of our 10 percent Regular Saver and 0 percent overdraft switcher offer we believe this shows we are serious about offering consumers the best products and service.”
The improved on-line current account application allows customers to easily open a Barclays Bank Account. Customers who have a current account with Barclays can open up a Regular Saver account which pays out 10 per cent gross / AER interest on savings between £25 and £250 per month; it’s available until April 26th 2006. In addition, for those who switch their current account from other providers a 0% overdraft for up to £5,000 for 12 months is available.
- The on-line current account application unlike most of our competitors is one of the few applications available where customers can apply completely on-line, so customers won’t have to send their valuable documents (i.e. passport) through the post.
- Customers can also apply on-line for an overdraft as part of their application.
- Online address look-up to speed up the application process.
- The new application has several features to help the disabled apply online. It’s AA compliant with the World Wide Web accessibility standards. It’s compatible with speech browsers and customers can also specify whether they need correspondence in a different format such as Braille or large print.
- A dedicated helpline to assist customers in filling out their applications. Available from Monday to Friday 8am – 9pm, Saturdays 9am – 5pm & Sunday 10am – 4pm. Calls are free from a UK landline.
- We have cut out unnecessary questions to enable customers to complete the application in around 10 minutes which include asking for work telephone numbers, address street name and whether a customer wants a cash or debit card (this is now automatic).
Further information on our current account application please view the "Account rates & charges" and "Overdraft rates & charges" on our Barclays bank account page .
Press office contact:
Emma Austin, 0207 116 6145
Barclays PLC is one the world’s largest global financial services providers primarily offering banking, investment banking and investment management services. Present in over 60 countries, Barclays is a leading provider of global services to over 20 million customers and employs more than 78,800 people worldwide.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of pr-sending-enterprises in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.