Coventry City Council has today announced that it has worked in partnership with Northgate Information Solutions to deliver significant efficiency gains for its building control service through the use of mobile technology.
Northgate’s mobile Building Control solution is currently used to record inspection details and has been rolled out to five of the seven Building Control Officers (BCOs) in Coventry, saving the department more than 15 hours of administration time per week.
Northgate’s solution has enabled the council to:
- streamline its business processes and maximise efficiency;
- reduce bureaucracy and give council employees more time to respond to customer queries.
Later this year, the council intends to roll out mobile working across the service and provide end to end electronic processing to all building control applications.
Steve Davies, Head of Building Control at Coventry City Council said today:
“We are excited about our partnership with Northgate, as initial use of the product proves it as a successful and robust solution. It already saves our staff hours of administration time, putting us in a better position to present our customers with a faster and more efficient service.”
David Meaden, Managing Director of Northgate Public Services added,
“We are pleased to be working with Coventry City Council in providing this solution to the council, demonstrating our capability to tailor specific packages to customers in this area. Our work will increase efficiency and help to deliver an overall better service to their citizens.”
- ENDS -
For more information:
Kathy Sutton 020 7849 3403 / 07966 890401
Naomi Stevenson 020 7849 3508 / 07966 890403
Notes to Editors:
1. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of software and managed services to the public services and utilities markets. Northgate’s task is to enhance public value through the intelligent use of people and technology, and to share in the economic and social benefits that this brings.
2. In the UK, Northgate works with four out of five local authorities and every police force. With divisional headquarters in Hemel Hempstead and Belfast, Northgate has 25 major offices across the UK and six international offices. Founded in 1969, the company has over 3,300 employees.
3. Northgate’s Building Control solutions are part of Northgate’s leading range of land and property applications used across the UK to support councils in delivering a better service to citizens.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.