The first ‘virtual classroom’ to be designed and built into a NI business was launched this week by education ICT specialists, Northgate-Information Solutions (formerly Sx3).
Representing a major investment from Northgate, the cutting edge R&D facility will further enhance the company’s ability to develop 21st century personalised learning technology.
Installed in Northgate’s Belfast head office, the classroom is equipped with the most advanced ICT systems, and specially designed furniture and resources. While futuristic in concept, the classroom is a practical working model which enables the development of ICT that meets the changing needs of today’s schools and colleges.
Working closely with C2k, the creation of the Northgate’s ‘virtual classroom’ not only marks a significant step for the future of education in NI, but also sets a precedent for the delivery of education and learning across the UK.
Darren Lemon, Director of Education, Northgate-IS Managed Services, said,
“The virtual classroom will become a centre of excellence for Northgate to deliver the latest ICT services in education throughout the UK. It’s truly cutting-edge technology at its best.
“As an extremely customer-focused organisation, we have worked in partnership with C2k, schools, teachers and learners to address their changing needs, offering ICT solutions that work in practice, not just in theory. The model school allows teachers and learners to sample the technology for themselves, and see how well it best fits within their classroom environment.
“Developing ICT in a purpose-built classroom environment will help us to pinpoint further areas where technology can enhance or improve learning and teaching. It will also enable us to adapt and change systems and models to suit individual requirements, providing a bespoke service for our clients, UK-wide.”
Jimmy Stewart, C2k, added,
“Never before has technology played such an integral role in education and Northgate’s Model School perfectly demonstrates how business, government and schools can work in co-operation and partnership to forge a solid future for our pupils and teachers.”
For more information:
Kathy Sutton 020 7849 3403 / 07966 890401
Naomi Stevenson 020 7849 3508 / 07966 890403
Notes to Editors:
1. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of software and managed services to the public services and utilities markets. Northgate’s task is to enhance public value through the intelligent use of people and technology, and to share in the economic and social benefits that this brings.
2. With divisional headquarters in Hemel Hempstead and Belfast, Northgate has 25 major offices across the UK and six international offices. Founded in 1969, the company has over 3,300 employees. Northgate works in close partnership with government, criminal justice, public safety organisations and the utilities on a local, regional and national level.
3. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of ICT services to education in NI.
4. Northgate is one of the UK’s leading companies delivering managed services, tailored to meet customers’ needs. It provides business process outsourcing, full IT outsourcing, web hosting, desktop management and data-centre systems. It offers a UK-wide consultancy service and enhanced services such as workflow and document management systems.
5. C2k is heralded as one of the largest and most comprehensive e-learning initiatives to be implemented in the UK. Since inception, C2k has made a significant impact on the way all NI schools educate and operate. It is now being used to benchmark the delivery of education and learning across the British Isles.
6. From the outset, C2k and Northgate have worked closely to successfully equip and support every post-primary school (230 in total) with modern, integrated technology that is tailored to suit changing educational needs and individual learning and teaching environments.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.