OVER FOUR MILLION WOMEN1 IN UK EXPERIENCE BLADDER WEAKNESS - MAKING IT MORE COMMON THAN HAY FEVER
75% OF THESE WOMEN TRY AND COPE WITH UNSUITABLE PRODUCTS1
NEW PRODUCT FROM TENA LADY MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO FIND DISCREET PURPOSE MADE PROTECTION FOR GREATER SECURITY AND CONFIDENCE
TENA Lady, the leading bladder weakness brand, today (19 May 2006) announced the launch of TENA Lady Mini Magic. TENA Lady Mini Magic is the size of a pantyliner but eight times drier and has been designed specially for women who experience mild bladder weakness or ‘Oops’ moments when they laugh, cough or sneeze. It has been designed as a discreet solution for the millions of women who may have been denying the fact that they have a bladder weakness issue and use pantyliners as an unsuitable and stop gap measure.
One in four of all women over the age of 35 experience bladder weakness1, making the condition more common than hay fever. For some, bladder weakness is a normal part of life and something which can easily be managed with the right product. However, almost 75% of women with bladder weakness2 currently use an unsuitable product, with many mainly opting for pantyliners, which can lead to problems such as skin irritation and infections.
So why, if bladder weakness has such an impact on women’s lives, do 75% of women not use a suitable product for their bladder weakness1?
‘For many women accepting they have a bladder weakness problem is an admission of imperfection and aging. This is crazy when we know that so many other women have it and many are clearly still young,’ said Dr Catherine Hood, relationship and sexual health expert.
‘If they ignore the issue then it makes it difficult to find and use the right products, forcing them to cope as best they can with products they are familiar with such as pantyliners. These are just not up to the job and can leave a woman feeling more helpless and frustrated. Pantyliners can feel wet, slip out of place, lose their shape, need changing more often and won’t tackle odour. Many women think purpose made bladder weakness pads are bulky and uncomfortable. This isn’t the case.’”
Research commissioned by TENA shows the prevalence of bladder weakness has a direct impact on quality of life. Of those surveyed:
• Over 50% women 24+ experience mild bladder weakness or ‘oops’ moments when laughing1
• 47% of women admit their bladder weakness affects their involvement in social events1
• 46% refrain from participating in any form of exercise because of bladder weakness1
• Some women even admit to withdrawing from social situations completely due to fear of a potentially embarrassing situation1.
TENA Lady Mini Magic now provides these women with an acceptable, effective and discreet solution for bladder weakness meeting both functional and emotional needs. Whilst exceptionally thin, each pad immediately locks away moisture, neutralises odour and leaves a cotton fresh, dry surface next to the skin.
Unlike a pantyliner, each super-slim Mini Magic pad features 'magic crystals' which absorb liquid faster to lock away moisture and neutralise odour. Its cotton fresh layer quickly draws moisture through tiny funnel shaped channels in the surface layer leaving the surface layer dry and cotton fresh to prevent irritation from acidic surface moisture.
The experts at TENA have identified tell-tale signs that you may have bladder weakness concerns:
1. You experienced ‘Oops' moments when you leak a little when you laugh, sneeze or exercise
2. You always have to go to the loo before you leave the house
3. You wear dark or baggy fitting clothes in case you have an ‘Oops' moment
4. You had to change your exercise routine because of little ‘Oops' moments
5. Your relationship has suffered because intimacy has become an issue
6. You won’t go near a trampoline!!
If you experience one or more of these you may need to begin pelvic floor exercises and use TENA to help you manage this. Visit www.tena.co.uk or further advice on exercise and products that can help.
Three tips on dealing with bladder weakness:
1. Use a specifically designed product to give you security, confidence and comfort. TENA Lady Mini Magic, a discreet pantyliner sized product, is now available
2. Strengthen your pelvic floor muscles. Seek out the advice of a qualified professional, look out for leaflets by TENA or check out www.tenazestforlife.co.uk
3. Speak to your GP about medications and treatment.
For media enquiries please contact Rene Papvergos or Natalie Fraser at Ozone on 020 7861 3982 or 020 7861 3970 or email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to editors:
• For more information call the TENA helpline on 0845 30 80 80 30 or visit www.tena.co.uk.
• TENA is the UK's leading manufacturer of bladder weakness products with specifically designed products available for all types of bladder weakness. Information on pilates based Kegal exercises (for pelvic floor muscles) can be obtained by visiting www.tena.co.uk. These exercises can be undertaken in conjunction with wearing TENA pads for added security and peace of mind.
• Bladder weakness can be caused by a variety of reasons including:
* Weakened pelvic floor muscles, commonly caused by pregnancy or obesity
* Nerve damage
* Certain medicines
* Smoker's cough
* Enlarged prostate in men
1. TNS Consumer Research 2004
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ozone Communications in the following categories: Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Sport, Travel, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.