DESIGNER DINNERS WITH ANNA RYDER RICHARDSON
School’s out and the summer holidays are in full swing so why not keep your kids amused by entering them in the coolest young designers’ competition this summer – ‘My Dolmio’* Designer Dinner with mum and celebrity designer, Anna Ryder Richardson.
Anna has teamed up with ‘My Dolmio’ – the tasty new range of pasta and pasta sauce meals made exclusively for kids – to encourage budding designers to put pen and paint to paper and get creative this summer. Kids are being asked to capture the fun and excitement of their family mealtimes on paper and send them in for the chance to have their design printed on a range of ‘limited edition’ pasta bowls.
1st prize – The winner will have their exclusive Designer Dinner set, which includes a stylish microwave and the full range of ‘My Dolmio’, presented to them by the celebrity designer herself.
“The Designer Dinner competition is a great way to get our kids involved and feel part of family dinner times. It’s so important for kids to feel they have a role”, says Anna.
“As part of the judging panel I’ll be looking for designs which have a real sense a fun. The winning design should bring to life what family dinner times mean to them – drawings of their favourite foods, the fun and colourfulness of their evening meal and maybe even who’s sitting around their table, the opportunities are endless.”
To get your kids started, Anna has some top tips:
• Why not put the idea to the children over dinner, this will help provide them with inspiration for their designs.
• Create the right environment for kids to be creative; make sure they have a clear table to work at and remember to protect it either with newspaper or a plastic dustsheet.
• Kids work better on large pieces of paper, as they tend to draw large scale; give them at least A1-size sheets to work from to achieve the best results.
• Give young designers as many different types of paints, brushes and crayons you can get your hands on – as far as kids are concerned, bigger is always better.
• Encourage your little ones to have a few practise attempts and remind them that they do not have to produce the final version in the first sitting - that way you spread the fun and they will enjoy the exercise even more!
2nd Prize - Two runners up will also receive their design framed, the exclusive Designer Dinner set comprising four ‘limited edition’ designed mini pasta bowls, a range of the new ‘My Dolmio’ pasta and pasta sauces, plus a stylish microwave to help prepare tasty, nutritious meals in minutes.
Both mums and kids helped to shape the new ‘My Dolmio’ range agreeing on three pasta sauces; Meatball Bolognese Sauce, Pizza Flavoured Sauce and Creamy Tomato Sauce and three pasta shapes; Pasta Twists, Pasta Tubes and Pasta Shells – to complete the range. ‘My Dolmio’ - a selection of pastas and pasta sauces which, when served together, provide you with a new selection of tasty, nutritious and hassle-free meals for your kids which you can always have on standby for those moments when you need meals in minutes.
HOW TO ENTER
Simply draw your design on a blank piece of paper and send it to the PO Box address below. Please note that as the winning design will be printed onto plain white crockery, designs must not include additional adhesive material or objects. The closing date for entries is: 3rd September 2006. Winners will be announced mid-September 2006.
‘My Dolmio’ Designer Dinner Competition
PO Box 4064
206 Whitechapel Road
Notes to Editors:
• ‘My Dolmio’- is a registered trademark. ©Masterfoods 2006
• An image of Anna Ryder Richardson is available on request
• For further information, please visit www.dolmio.co.uk
For further information or images of the ‘My Dolmio’ range, please contact:
Vicky Atkins at Ketchum on 020 7611 3526 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ketchum in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.