- Powerful New AMD Solutions Enable Incredible Speeds, Performance-Per-Watt, and Efficiency
Basingstoke, England - 15 August 2006 - TYAN Computer Corp., the world's leading whitebox server platform provider, today announced a raft of products powered by Next-Generation AMD Opteron processors that offer powerful performance enhancements and energy savings.
TYAN has announced an unprecedented 18 product lines supporting AMD Opteron 8000, 2000, and 1000 Series processors to deliver stunning increases in performance and energy cost-savings for applications that include high-performance computing (HPC), digital content creation, mission critical infrastructures, and many more areas of the IT industry.
"The Next-Generation AMD Opteron processor heralds additional power cost-savings features and outstanding performance for all applications," stated Jeff Smith, European Sales Director of Tyan. "TYAN's upcoming product line, based on this exciting new technology, enables TYAN system and platform products to deliver performance-per-watt efficiency, dual-core power, AMD Virtualization, and seamless quad-core upgradeability."
"Our strong relationship with TYAN is an extension of our long-standing commitment to provide our customers with the most compelling technology solutions for a full range of IT requirements," said Pat Patla, Director, Server/Workstation Marketing, AMD (NYSE: AMD). "The Next-Generation AMD Opteron processor with Direct Connect Architecture offers a consistent roadmap with low-power options for exceptional performance-per-watt, providing scalable and reliable solutions for a full range of enterprise applications."
TYAN motherboard products featuring support for Next-Generation AMD Opteron processors can be found at http://tyan.com/products/html/opteron.html
Similarly, Next-Generation AMD Opteron processor-based TYAN pre-built server system products can be found at http://tyan.com/products/html/barebone_amd.html
Sample and mass availability of these new products is expected for Q3-Q4 this year.
Products from TYAN that support Next-Generation AMD Opteron processors include:
* S3991 - 1U rackmount-optimized 2P server motherboard
* S3992 - 2P server motherboard with up to (16) DDR2 DIMMs and multiple slots
* S3950 - 1P server motherboard with support for AMD PowerNow!™, and more
* S3970 - Rackmount/tower compact server motherboard with 1P and 2P flavors
* S2925 - 1P entry workstation/desktop board with SLI support, audio, FireWire, and more
* S2927 - 2P entry workstation/desktop board with SLI support, audio, FireWire, and more
* S2915 - Monster workstation motherboard with (4) PCIe x16, SAS and much more
* S2912 - Value 1U rackmount-optimized 2P server motherboard
* S4985 - 4/8P server motherboard with up to (32) DDR2 DIMMs and multiple PCIe slots
* B2912-GT24 - 1U rackmount server system for performance clustering and general serving
* B2931-GT25 - 1U rackmount server system with redundant power supply
* B3970-GT20 - 1U rackmount server system for compact general serving applications
* B3991-GT24 - 1U rackmount server for performance clustering and general serving
* B3992-GT24 - 1U rackmount server with (16) DIMMs for high-performance clustering
* B3992-TA26 - 2U rackmount for storage applications, with up to (8) drive bays
* B4985-FT48 - 4U rackmount/tower for storage and datacenter applications with 4/8P support
* B4985-TX46 - 2U rackmount for high-performance clustering and department serving
* B4985-VX50 - 5U rackmount/tower for datacenter applications and workstation usage
# # # #
Tyan Computer Corporation, founded in 1989 by long-time Intel and IBM executive Dr. T. Symon Chang, designs, manufactures and markets advanced system board technology. The company applied to list on Taiwan's stock exchange (OTC) in April 2006.
Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, System Integrators, and Resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. Tyan enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, reliable platforms for a wide range of applications such as Internet appliances, and server/workstation usage in markets such as CAD, DCC, E&P, Bio-sciences and HPC. Since its inception, Tyan has consistently been one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States. Tyan was named to the prestigious INC 500 in 1997 and 1998 (the 19th fastest growing U.S. company in 1997). Tyan was also ranked by Deloitte & Touché as one of the USA's "Fast 500", as well as one of Silicon Valley's "Fast 50" companies in 1998.
For more information, visit the company's web site at www.tyan.com
Contacts for more information:
Tel: 01256 397030
Tel: 0118 984 3386
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Media Link (Berkshire) in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.