Cheers for travellers to Munich’s Oktoberfest
It is not too late to plan a trip to Europe’s largest beer festival, the Oktoberfest in Munich.
Eurolines, the UK’s leading scheduled coach operator to Europe is offering a return fare of just £69 with NO added extras.
Bookable up to 7 days before departure, Eurolines Fun Fare is a great deal leaving plenty of Euros in your pocket to enjoy a few extra steins in one of the ‘fest’s massive beerhalls or a few extra rides at the fairground on the famous Wiesn site.
The ‘Weisn’ or Theresenwiese in Munich is transformed into a vast festival site with over a dozen large marquee beerhalls (total capacity 100,000) and a giant funfair. The statistics alone tell most of the story: a million people will visit during the 16-day event (September 16th – October 3rd) and consume over a million gallons of beer served by traditional Bavarian waitresses to the accompaniment of oompah bands and a lot of friendly banter. It is hard to imagine what it was like when the first Oktoberfest was staged to mark the wedding of Bavaria’s Prince Ludwig to Princess Therese of Saxony in 1810, but today it is an event on a mammoth scale.
To help with your planning Eurolines has assembled 3 practical tips to make your Oktoberfest adventure really enjoyable:
* Beerhalls Book a place in one of the beerhalls in advance (http://www.oktoberfest.de/en) or get there early
* Tactics Get organised. You’ll only be served if you are sitting down, even if you stand for the rest of the time.
* Save Money on accommodation by travelling overnight with Eurolines and hitting the ground running AND book cheaper accommodation – this is a party and you’ll only want somewhere to sleep. There is no need for extravagance.
Tickets can be booked online at www.eurolines.co.uk, by phone at the Travel Centre and at any of National Express’ travel agents across the UK.
NOTES TOP EDITORS:
* Eurolines is part of National Express and has services to over 500 destinations across Europe and Ireland.
* Add-On Fares of just £15 (return) can be booked from ANY point on the National Express UK network to connect with the international service.
For more information contact Rod Macrae at Eurolines Media Office – email: rod:eurolinesmedia.info or tel: 0845 122 0412
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Macrae Media and Communications (MMC) in the following categories: Leisure & Hobbies, Food & Drink, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.