www.workingmums.co.uk Offers Employers A Cost Effective Solution To Finding Highly Experienced, Part- Time Staff
www.workingmums.co.uk a recently launched ‘dating agency’ style website is bridging the employment gap by offering highly experienced, returning mums access to a website of challenging, quality, yet flexible jobs. Employers can use the website to post job adverts and target an extensive database of highly experienced candidates looking for flexible working solutions.
In September 2006, The Women and Work Commission released a report which included recommendations to the Department for Trade and Industry to launch a quality, part-time work change initiative to fund innovative activity aimed at increasing the availability of part-time work.* This is a welcome move for thousands of working mums as, long term, it would result in more ‘quality’ jobs becoming available for women who want to work flexibly.
Recently published research by Sheffield Hallam University’s Gender and Employment in Local Labour Markets (GELLM) found that 54% of women working part time have previously worked in positions requiring more qualifications, skills or experience, or with more responsibility - providing further insight into the current lack of good quality, part time opportunities. While many women wish to combine working part time with jobs that made good use of their previous experience or qualifications, the research also showed that a majority of managers interviewed believed that more senior positions had to be full time.**
However a growing number of forward thinking employers are already appreciating the benefits of balancing their current workforce by employing ‘working’ mums on a flexible basis and are tapping into this “hidden pool” of talent.
For just £89.95 a month employers can advertise specific jobs on www.workingmums.co.uk in a wide range of professions and access a pool of 1000’s of highly qualified candidates looking for temporary, flexible working hours and part- time positions. Mums apply online directly to the employer.
Since launching in April 2006, almost 2000 mums and over 300 employers have already registered. www.workingmums.co.uk is fast becoming recognised as the leading website in its field and proving to be an invaluable tool for both employers, and mums returning to work.
* Department for Communities & Local Government. Government Action Plan-
Implementing the Women & Work Commission Recommendations. September 2006
** Research published in July 2006 by Sheffield Hallam University’s Gender and Employment in Local Markets project (GELLM)
Notes to Editors :
• www.workingmums.co.uk was set up by founder Gillian Nissim in April 2006 after identifying a gap in the jobs market for mum’s returning to work and for employers looking to employ skilled professionals on a part-time or temporary basis.
• Of mums registered with www.workingmums.co.uk to date, 86% want to work in part-time jobs, 95% would consider job share and 43% want to have freelance work. Job vacancies currently available on the site vary from Professional Support Lawyer, marketing consultants and PR executives to PAs and accountants.
• To place an advert on www.workingmums.co.uk logon to the website or call 020 8432 6094 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Each advert costs £89.95 for 28 days
• To read testimonials visit: www.workingmums.co.uk/businesses/testimonials/24298/testimon...
• To view the most recently registered candidates visit: http://www.workingmums.co.uk/businesses/candidates-directory
- Ends -
For further press information or images please contact Sophie or Jo at:
Tel: 0207 729 8637 / 7867
Mob: 07956 317 124
Tel: 01543 264 366
Mob: 0789 980 4756
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Cooke and Brand PR in the following categories: Women's Interest & Beauty, Education & Human Resources, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.