Allerdale Borough Council’s 96,000 citizens are now benefiting from the successful implementation of a new system from Northgate Information Solutions, aimed at radically improving services to local citizens.
In a contract worth £450,000 over five years, Northgate has implemented its ‘Front Office’ citizen relationship management (CRM) solution as part of the first phase of the Council’s Customer Service Strategic Plan, which included the opening of a new Customer Service Centre in October.
‘Front Office’ will enable Allerdale Borough Council to deliver continuous improvement in services to local citizens, including:
• providing high-quality one-stop services;
• joining up front-office and back-office systems to allow staff instant access to the information they need to help citizens first time, every time;
• reducing the time taken to deliver services;
• service access and delivery built around the needs of the citizen – including self-service and delivery independent of location to empower citizens;
• tracking the progress of citizens’ requests for service by telephone, email and face-to-face more effectively;
• delivering performance and other management information;
• reducing the bureaucratic burden on staff;
• and delivering efficiencies whilst improving services.
The roll out of ‘Front Office’ at Allerdale Borough Council was completed in just four weeks – from installation to the go-live of 42 services across the new Customer Service Centre and the council’s existing operations, including the integration of a number of back-office functions to enable full automation of business processes.
Don Graham, Allerdale Borough Council’s CRM Project Manager, said today:
“The implementation of ‘Front Office’ CRM is fundamental to the Council achieving its corporate objective of improving customer service by increasing resolution of enquiries at first point of contact.
“As we go forward, increased integration of the CRM system with the Council’s back office systems will improve performance and streamline resources by extending the range of services, offered by the Council’s Customer Service Centre, to cover all areas of the Council’s operations.”
David Meaden, Managing Director of Northgate Public Services, added:
“We are delighted to be working with Allerdale Borough Council to deliver their vision for high quality, accessible and citizen-centred services. The rollout of ‘Front Office’ to support the new Customer Service Centre demonstrates how the intelligent use of technology can help to deliver radical improvements to local services.”
For more information:
Alastair Whitehead 020 7092 1806; 07930 566291; email@example.com
Kathy Sutton 020 7092 1801; 07966 890401; firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
1. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of innovative technology solutions to the public services and utilities markets. Northgate’s task is to enhance public value through the intelligent use of people and technology, and to share in the economic and social benefits that this brings.
2. In the UK, Northgate works with four out of five local authorities and every police force. Its systems are used in the management of over 1.5 million local authority and housing association properties; in the administration of more than £17 billion of revenues and benefits; and in electoral administration systems covering over 18 million people. Founded in 1969, the company has over 3,300 employees.
3. ‘Front Office’ is Northgate's leading citizen-relationship management software solution – helping public sector bodies to improve transactions with customers, track the progress of queries, and review performance and other management information. Northgate’s CRM systems now serve over 8 million citizens in England – one in seven of the population.
4. At Allerdale Borough Council, ‘Front Office’ is supporting council services including Benefits and Revenues, Licensing, Land Charges and Car Parking, Democratic Services, Environmental Services and the Cumbria Connected Information hub. It has been integrated with council back-office applications including e-Payments, Contract Services, and Northgate’s Building Control, Planning and Exchange, and CallTouch CTI.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.