Tackling Pain Effectively – Confusion over Painkillers
Results from The Anadin* Pain Nation Report released today, reveal many women are not tackling their pain effectively enough because they are confused over which pain killers to take for a headache:
• 42% said that they would take ibuprofen, which is more suited to muscular aches and pains rather than headaches
• 43% said that they would take paracetamol, which is commonly recommended for headaches
• 1 in 10 admitted that they just don’t know which sort of pain killer is suitable for a headache
Disruption to Lifestyle
The report also shows aches and pains significantly disrupt women’s daily life style and prevent them from getting on with household chores as well as doing things that they enjoy, at least once a month.
• Aches and pains stop 2 in 5 doing regular exercise. Pain is preventing more women in Northern Ireland (60%) from exercising regularly than any other region in the UK
• Over 1 in 4 (28%) said their pain affects their performance at work. Pain stops more women from Northern Ireland (60%) doing their jobs effectively than any other region in the UK
• Nearly 1 in 3 (32%) said that their aches and pains stopped them from doing the housework
• 1 in 6 (16%) of women in the UK admitted that their aches and pain disrupt their sex lives. The highest incidence being in Northern Ireland, where 30% said that their pain stops them from having sex. Only 9% of women surveyed from London would allow their aches and pains to encroach upon their sex lives
• 1 in 5 women in Northern Ireland admitted that their pains stop them from going to the pub to enjoy a drink with friends.
• 1 in 4 women (27%) think that pain killers are as much of a handbag essential as a mobile phone and over 2 in 5 Women in the UK are suffering from headaches on a weekly basis.
Anadin* remains the only manufactured brand in the UK whose product range covers the three principal analgesics: paracetamol, ibuprofen and aspirin ensuring that it offers a total pain solution for all your pain needs. Anadin* Ultra Double Strength offers a stronger form of painkiller that can last for up to 8 hours, now available from pharmacies
For more information on getting the right painkillers for the right pain visit www.anadin.co.uk
Notes to Editors:
*Trade Mark - the statistics from this survey can not be used without copyrighting Anadin
For more information and pack shots please contact:
Spink Consumer Relations
Tel: 01444 484888
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Spink Ltd in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.