E-COMMERCE TO GAIN MOMENTUM IN 2007 PREDICTS HYBRIS
…New technologies and market trends mean that 2007 could become the year of e-commerce…
London – 12 December, 2006. According to hybris, www.hybris.com, a leading product information management (PIM) and e-commerce vendor, 2007 will be the year of e-commerce as new trends in consumer and industry practice, coupled with new technology such as Web 2.0, moves the potential of e-commerce to new levels. The company’s prediction is in line with many leading analysts and industry commentators who have been speculating on the emergence of e-Commerce 2.0.
Ariel Ludi, CEO of hybris, said: “Many new technologies are coming on stream ready for 2007 and end user and business trends mean that the convergence of these will see a massive drive for e-commerce in 2007. Many consumers are willing to adopt new technologies as the benefits of online shopping become widely recognised; this, along with the willingness of retailers and business to try and push out new types of service will see many news types of e-commerce emerging in the market.”
Robert Garf, Research Director at AMR Research, said: In the late 1990s through mid-2002, retailers invested in first-generation e-commerce applications to meet growing consumer demand. Because these rudimentary, standalone, and often times highly-customized systems thwart retailers’ efforts to meet evolving cross-channel consumer expectations, a majority of retailers are in the process of a technology do-over.”
Amongst the trends that hybris has identified in the market that will see an upswing in e-commerce activity during 2007 are the following:
• Better website accessibility and usability thanks to increased use of AJAX, Drag & Drop and One-Page-checkout facilities
• More Multi-Channel Commerce solutions for business users based on a single data and pricing information source
• More user friendly and socially sympathetic commerce websites thanks to Web 2.0 software tools with greater community and user input and involvement
• Increased use of a sales catalogue on retail websites with features such as the intuitive turning of pages
• Increased used or ASP multi-tennant solutions which will save money as it can
• manage all tenants on a single platform
• Comparative online customer service stats will be available so retail sites and others can ensure they are providing top levels of service and competitiveness
• Increased accessibility of digital downloads thanks to functionality such as Software as a Service
• Greater integration with physical stores (store pickup, returns, POS terminals)
• More multi-national e-commerce websites will be established which will led to a need for more international payment solutions including automated tax and delivery calculation
• Integration of advertorials in shops e.g. of partners (cross selling) as ad spending on the internet further increases
hybris supplies standard software solutions for the media-independent management of product information and its distribution over both online and print channels.
Manufacturers, vendors, marketplace operators and purchasing companies consolidate and manage their entire product information in every language on one platform, in the process creating a “single source of truth”. Enterprises are able to supply online and print channels with information from this central hub. Integrated solutions for catalogue management, e-commerce, e-procurement and database publishing provide you with personalised and channel-specific data recycling throughout all electronic procurement and sales channels. This also means that print catalogues can be published without media fragmentation.
The hybris solution’s integrative approach to managing and recycling product information leads to a reduction in process costs, clearing the path for companies to add new sales and procurement markets at low cost. The return on investment with hybris is very fast. As hybris has selected to use standards-based and future-proof basic technologies in its solutions, investments are secure over the long term.
Established in 1997, the company is based in Munich and it has offices in the UK and Switzerland. hybris has over 1,000 customers and was recently awarded the European Retail Solutions Award for Best Use of e-Commerce in a Retail Environment and European Retail Technology Solution of the Year 2006.
For further information please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 777 937 2106
- end -
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ascendant Communications in the following categories: Retail & Fashion, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.