Northgate Information Solutions today announces that it has reached an agreement with MacDonald Dettwiler and Associates (MDA) which will see Bromsgrove District Council roll out radical improvements to its land and property services.
Northgate have signed a £1.4 million, seven-year deal with MDA under contract with Bromsgrove to provide the council with its entire suite of Land & Property solutions including: Planning, Environmental Heath, Private Sector Housing, Land and Property Terrier, Contaminated Land, Pickwick (Northgate’s electoral administration solution), Land Charges, Building Control, Enterprise GIS and a Gazetteer. Northgate is also providing the associated mobile solutions and web-based public access channels.
Constituting a full transformation of the council’s land and property services, the new solutions will enable the council to:
• join up services and modernise its business processes – maximising efficiency by simplifying complicated procedures and reducing time consuming administration, freeing up resources for focusing on the needs of citizens;
• benefit from improved systems to manage elections and electoral register information;
• provide a web-based public access channel, empowering citizens by allowing them to access and request services online;
• develop faster, more accurate and more streamlined service delivery, resulting in fewer mistakes and complaints;
• monitor, record and process environmental health issues and incidences of contaminated land – helping to maintain a safe and healthy environment for local citizens;
• ensure that all of the council’s departments and services have access to a centralised and high quality list of addresses and locations within the Bromsgrove area.
The agreement has been signed with MDA under the Local Authority Modernisation Programme (LAMP), which supports the development of technology-led, citizen-centred services.
Deb Poole, Head of E-Government & Customer Services at Bromsgrove said today:
“This agreement represents a pivotal part of our journey towards excellence. We are keen to work with partners who can ensure we have the best tools possible to deliver continuous improvement in the services we provide to our citizens. By managing our information more efficiently, we can help deliver effective services and value for money whilst freeing up resources for those in our communities who need it most.”
Dave Meaden, Managing Director of Northgate Public Services, added:
“We are delighted to be working with Bromsgrove and MDA on this collaborative project in land and property. It is the largest that we have carried out in what is an important and growing market for us in public services. We aim to ensure that the council uses technology to put people first through a clear focus on improving access to and delivery of services. Bromsgrove is investing to put people at the heart of service delivery and we are proud to be a part of this innovative approach.”
For more information:-
Kathy Sutton : 020 7092 1801/ 07966 890401
Alastair Whitehead :020 7092 1806/ 07930 566291
Notes to Editors:
1. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of innovative technology solutions to the public services and utilities markets. Northgate's task is to enhance public value through the intelligent use of people and technology and to share in the economic and social benefits that this brings.
2. In the UK, Northgate works with four out of five local authorities and every police force. Its systems are used in the management of over 1.5 million local authority and housing association properties; in the administration of more than £17 billion of revenues and benefits; and in electoral administration systems covering over 18 million people. Founded in 1969, the company has over 3,300 employees.
3. MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd a provider of essential information solutions will receive $10.5 million CAD (£4.8 million) over seven years to provide and maintain the overall land and property information solution. The programme which electronically processes land information requests coming from the National Land Information Service (NLIS) in England, and is the largest and most comprehensive Local Authority modernization project MDA has carried out to date in England.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.