Northgate Information Solutions today announces that it has signed contracts with 37 police forces to continue to deliver its geographical information systems (GIS) solution until 2010, helping reduce crime in local communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Adopted by the Home Office as the “national analytic GIS tool” for all police service organisations, Northgate’s solution is an invaluable aid in the fight against crime and disorder. It allows police forces to conduct crime mapping to identify crime hot spots and the underlying causes of crime, along with related trends and patterns. This type of crime analysis enables targeted and strategic policing, empowering frontline police officers with information and intelligence, and helping reduce crime in the communities that they serve.
The benefits of the GIS solution include:
• visualising and analysing data in the context of place and time – providing insight into crime patterns and transforming data into information for decision making (for instance, enabling forces to direct resources to specific areas at specific times);
• understanding the relationship between where crime occurs and where the offender lives, allowing analysts to reveal other related incidents and vulnerable targets;
• providing evidence and new lines of enquiry in investigations;
• profiling problem neighbourhoods with socio-demographic, crime and incident data;
• facilitating effective communication between analysts and beat officers;
• supporting partnership working by providing a variety of users with joined up data from separate databases – including intelligence analysts, performance analysts, and Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnerships (CDRPs).
Dave Meaden, Managing Director of Northgate Public Services, said:
“Northgate’s GIS solution enables the police and their community safety partners to make a real difference on the ground through enhanced intelligence and performance. We are delighted to see it continuing to provide benefits for police forces and reduce crime in the communities that they serve across England, Scotland and Wales.”
For more information:
Naomi Stevenson 020 7092 1803; 07966 890403; firstname.lastname@example.org
Alastair Whitehead 020 7092 1806; 07930 566291; email@example.com
Notes to Editors
1. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of innovative technology solutions to the public services and utilities markets. Northgate’s task is to enhance public value through the intelligent use of people and technology, and to share in the economic and social benefits that this brings.
2. In the UK, Northgate works with four out of five local authorities, half of all fire brigades and ambulance trusts and every police force. Its systems are used in the management of over 1.5 million local authority and housing association properties; in the administration of more than £17 billion of revenues and benefits; and in electoral administration systems covering over 18 million people. Northgate administers over 5.5 million penalty notices every year and delivers the national system for reporting police performance. Founded in 1969, the company has over 3,300 employees.
3. Northgate’s location solutions give decision-makers at every level within the police and emergency services the right information at the right time, every time, ensuring they can manage resources effectively and quickly direct them to where they are needed most.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.