New Appliance Makes Distributing Network Traffic Across Multiple Servers Easy, Affordable and Secure
Basingstoke, UK – 20 February 2007 – Barracuda Networks, Inc., the leading provider of enterprise-class application security appliances, today announced the UK introduction of the Barracuda Load Balancer, an affordable, easy to configure, comprehensive solution for distributing network traffic across multiple servers. Designed to achieve high availability and security objectives, the Barracuda Load Balancer integrates powerful IP load balancing and network intrusion prevention into an easy-to-use appliance.
“We find that many of our customers require a load balancer that offers comprehensive failover capabilities, in case of server failure, and distribution of traffic across multiple servers,” said Stephen Pao, vice president of product management for Barracuda Networks. “They are often frustrated with the complexity and price of load-balancing products on the market. In response to our customers’ needs, the Barracuda Load Balancer is a cost-effective solution with the added benefit of intrusion prevention.”
The Barracuda Load Balancer provides a comprehensive turn-key solution for today’s load balancing requirements including:
• Internet sites with high traffic requirements, including Web, FTP, media streaming, and content delivery networks
• Hosted applications using thin-client architectures, such as Citrix or Windows Terminal Services
• Other IP services requiring optimal performance, including SMTP, DNS, RADIUS, and TFTP
Unlike competing products that involve complex installation processes, the Barracuda Load Balancer is easy to deploy, featuring an auto-discovery module and complete configuration via an intuitive Web interface. ISPs, hosting providers, and other service providers can automate their Barracuda Load Balancer configurations with the flexible application programming interface (API) and system monitoring through SNMP.
In addition, to minimise ongoing administration associated with security, the Barracuda Load Balancer can automatically receive current intrusion prevention and security updates from Barracuda Central, an advanced technology operations centre where engineers continuously monitor and mitigate the latest Internet threats.
The Barracuda Load Balancer is priced to fit nearly every IT budget and is two to 10 times less expensive than many competitors’ offerings. Further, Barracuda Networks does not charge per port or per server licensing fees, a pricing model that makes the Barracuda Load Balancer the most affordable enterprise-class load balancing solution available.
Along with its ease of use and affordable pricing model, the Barracuda Load Balancer provides comprehensive IP load balancing capabilities and security features including:
• Built-in Security – The Barracuda Load Balancer includes an advanced intrusion prevention system, which allows customers’ servers to be guarded against exploits that manage to penetrate existing security solutions. Unlike a typical Intrusion Detection System (IDS), which uses sensors to create a virtual storm of messages and alerts, the Barracuda Load Balancer filters only the potentially damaging exploits and blocks those requests from coming through.
• Automatic Persistence – The Barracuda Load Balancer offers automatic client IP persistence. If an application needs to establish persistence or server affinity, the administrator simply enters the number of seconds the specified clients should persist for, and the Barracuda Load Balancer handles the rest.
• Service Monitoring – The Barracuda Load Balancer includes an automated service monitor, allowing the appliance to automatically remove and restore servers as they periodically fail and come back online.
• Scalability and High Availability – The Barracuda Load Balancer works well with any Internet protocol, and it allows administrators to maximise the utilisation of server infrastructure while assuring the server farm is always reachable. In addition, multiple Barracuda Load Balancers can be clustered for high availability. This will allow a secondary Barracuda Load Balancer to automatically assume all duties in the event the primary fails.
Pricing and Availability
The Barracuda Load Balancer is available in three models, the Barracuda Load Balancer 240, 340 and 440. Prices start at £1399, depending on model, with no per port charges or per server licensing fees. For more information, please visit www.barracuda.com/load.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda Networks is the leading provider of enterprise-class application security appliances for comprehensive email, Internet and IM protection. Its products protect over 35,000 customers around the world, including Adaptec, Caltrans, CBS, Georgia Institute of Technology, IBM, NASA, Pizza Hut, Union Pacific Railroad Company, and the U.S. Treasury Department. The Barracuda Spam Firewall and Barracuda Spam Firewall - Outbound protect organisations against spam, viruses, and violations to e-mail security policy. The Barracuda Web Filter, formerly known as the Barracuda Spyware Firewall, offers comprehensive content filtering and complete network protection against spyware, malware and viruses. The Barracuda IM Firewall is the only all in one gateway solution for IM traffic management and security. Barracuda Networks is a privately held company with headquarters in Mountain View, California. Barracuda Networks has offices in eight international locations and distributors in over 43 countries. More information is available at www.barracuda.com.
# # # #
Paul Shlackman, BondPR, +44 (0)1628 673007, firstname.lastname@example.org
Danielle Carter, Barracuda Networks +1 408-342-5467, email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BondPR UK in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.