EclipseCon 2007, Santa Clara, Calif. – March 5th , 2007
Core News Facts:
• Actuate's contribution to Eclipse and BIRT:
- Actuate chairs the project management committee for Eclipse’s Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) project
- To date, over 75 Actuate employees have been committers to Eclipse projects, including both BIRT and the Data Tools Project
- Actuate employees have written over half a million lines of code for BIRT and the Data Tools Project
- Jason Weathersby, Actuate’s BIRT Evangelist, has been dedicated to spreading the message about BIRT by presenting at 8 conferences and publishing 10 articles since the start of 2006, and responding to over 1,000 BIRT-related postings
- Actuate employees are delivering 7 talks at EclipseCon 2007 regarding BIRT
• Actuate's dedication to putting open source BI on the map:
- Actuate was the first publicly traded BI company to embrace open source
- Actuate employees have authored two books on BIRT
- Since BIRT's launch, over a dozen companies have integrated it into their own software that they re-sell
- After the formal initiation of the BIRT project in October 2004, the number of open source BI projects on http://sourceforge.net has more than tripled
- Actuate has leveraged BIRT technology for several of its own products – iServer, iPortal, Actuate BIRT and BusinessReport Studio
BIRT World Blog:
Eclipse BIRT Web Site:
Java Report Development from Actuate:
BIRT Book Reviews:
Del.icio.us Page Link: http://del.icio.us/Actuate
"Actuate has made great strides in widening the scope of discussion for open source software in the Business Intelligence space, particularly with their contributions to the BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) and DTP (Data Tools Platform) projects. We look forward to Actuate's continued involvement with the Eclipse Foundation as a Strategic Developer, Board Member and not least as a commercial company that paves the way for the adoption of the open source software." -- Mike Milinkovich, executive director of the Eclipse Foundation.
Developing an Application Using the Eclipse BIRT Report Engine API -
Enterprise Open Source Magazine, February 20, 2007
Eclipse Launches Data Tools Platform - http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=20108
ADT Magazine, January 29, 2007
More enterprise software predictions for 2007 - http://wistechnology.com/article.php?id=3603
Demo Letter, January 5, 2007
Jason Weathersby, BIRT Evangelist’s Blog:
Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: ACTU), the leader in Business Intelligence, Performance Management and Reporting Applications, enables organisations to develop solutions that optimise corporate performance. Applications built on Actuate’s open source-based platform provide all stakeholders inside and outside the firewall, including employees, customers, partners and citizens with information that they can easily access and understand to maximise revenue, cut costs, improve customer satisfaction, streamline operations, create competitive advantage and make better decisions.
Actuate has over 4,000 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services and the public sector. Founded in 1993, Actuate has headquarters in South San Francisco, California, with offices worldwide. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol ACTU. For more information on Actuate, visit the company's web site at www.actuate.com.
Keywords/Technorati Tags: Eclipse Foundation, EclipseCon 2007, Actuate, Actuate BIRT, BIRT, Jason Weathersby, Business Intelligence, Open Source, BI, Data Tools Project.
PR for Actuate UK
Tel: +44 1722 411150
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Sarum PR in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.