Northgate Education today announces that it has become the first provider of ICT managed services to the education sector, including the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme, to be certified for excellence in service delivery from the British Standards Institution (BSI).
Northgate has been awarded the ISO/IEC 20000-1 certification, having successfully completed a two-stage assessment, conducted by BSI, of Northgate’s service delivery to over 1200 schools across Northern Ireland.
ISO/IEC 20000-1 is the first international standard for IT service management, and “promotes the adoption of an integrated process approach to effectively deliver managed services to meet business and customer requirements”. The certification will enable Northgate to:
• provide a consistent, independently-assessed and benchmarked approach to ICT service management – set to an international standard;
• demonstrate its ability to meet business and customer requirements, and enhance the quality of its service delivery even further through continuous improvement.
Tim Byles, Chief Executive of Partnerships for Schools, said today:
“The BSF programme is about delivering inspirational, high-quality physical and virtual learning environments in which our young people have the opportunity to fulfil their true potential. We congratulate Northgate on being certified for excellence in service delivery – we very much welcome the commitment and engagement shown by them and the wider community of ICT providers in BSF.”
Darren Lemon, Managing Director of Northgate Education, added:
“Northgate Education has a proven track record of delivering large and complex programmes that harness the power of technology to promote educational excellence and lifelong opportunities for all. Northgate’s services to both primary and secondary schools are designed to deliver real and practical benefits to the lives of learners, teachers, parents and to the wider community, in both the short and long term.
“This certification is a wonderful achievement for Northgate, and we are committed to continuous improvement of our service delivery to enable the transformation of teaching and learning across the UK, and to help build schools fit for the future.”
For more information:
Tel: 020 7849 3403
Mob: 07966 890401
Tel: 020 7849 3347
Mob: 07930 566291
Notes to Editors:
1. Northgate Information Solutions is a leading provider of ICT and managed services solutions and software to the public safety, local government, education and human resource sectors. With divisional headquarters in Hemel Hempstead and Belfast, Northgate has 25 major offices across the UK and six international offices. Founded in 1969, the company has over 3,300 employees.
2. Northgate Education (www.northgate-is.com/education) is the second largest provider of managed services in the UK. It provides technology services to over 1,200 schools, with more than 150,000 teachers and learners successfully supported by the company. Northgate provides services to every school in Northern Ireland through C2k, the largest and most comprehensive e-learning initiative ever implemented in the UK, is providing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) managed services to Bristol City Council as part of the Government's Building Schools for the Future Programme (BSF), and to over 40 education sites in Hartlepool, from primary schools through to further education.
3. ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. It is based on and is intended to supersede the earlier British Standard, BS 15000. ISO/IEC 20000-1 promotes the adoption of an integrated process approach to effectively deliver managed services of an acceptable quality to meet the business and customer requirements. ISO/IEC 20000, like its BS 15000 predecessor, was originally developed to reflect best practice guidance contained within the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework, although it equally supports other IT service management frameworks and approaches. The standard was first published in December 2005.
4. The British Standards Institution carried out a two stage assessment on the service delivery by Northgate to schools in Northern Ireland.
5. Northgate Education is the first provider of ICT managed services to the education sector to be awarded the ISO/IEC 20000-1 certification. Information retrieved from Quality Assurance Register, correct as of 1st March 2007.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fellows Associates in the following categories: Education & Human Resources, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.