World’s first notebook to combine NVIDIA® SLI (TM) technology and Intel® Core TM 2 Duo Mobile Processors
Athlone, Ireland – 28th June 2007 - Alienware® the leading manufacturer of high-performance notebook, desktop and professional systems has achieved another industry first with the shipping of the Area-51® m9750 notebook. This breakthrough offering is the first 17" notebook in the world to fuse the astounding graphics capabilities of dual 512MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX graphics cards with NVIDIA SLI technology and the blazing speed of Intel Core 2 Duo mobile processors, making the dream system of mobile gamers and entertainment fans a reality.
“The unprecedented combination of dual GeForce Go 7950 GTX graphics and Core 2 Duo mobile processors at the heart of Alienware's Area-51 m9750 epitomizes the power and innovation that encompasses the entire system,” said Brian Joyce, Senior Vice President at Alienware. “The broad scope of Area-51 m9750 users will include everyone from the entertainment buff whose collection of movies, music, and TV shows is a click away to the gamer experiencing the most immersive gameplay possible.”
The Area-51 m9750 offers the following:
• Lightning-quick frame rates and standout image quality for gaming with dual NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX 512MB graphics cards with NVIDIA SLI technology.
• Multitasking to the max, thanks to the latest Intel Core 2 Duo mobile processors, which deliver 20 percent higher performance than previous-generation Intel Core Duo processors.
• The ability to store entire collections of games, TV programming, movies and music on dual hard drives packing up to 500GB of storage space.
• An abundance of multimedia features, including an ultra-sharp 17" widescreen display featuring Clearview technology, an integrated webcam and an integrated TV tuner with full DVR functionality.
“Alienware has created some of the most extreme gaming notebooks in the world with NVIDIA SLI technology and GeForce GPUs,” said Jeff Fisher, Senior Vice President of the GPU business unit at NVIDIA. “By combining these technologies with Intel Core 2 Duo processors, Alienware has again raised the bar for mobile HD entertainment.”
“World-class CPUs meet world-class graphics, making the Area-51 m9750 the must-have gaming notebook,” said Mooly Eden, Vice President and General Manager the Mobile Platforms Group at Intel. “With the performance of the Intel Core 2 Duo processor, you can have the fastest gaming notebook on the block, all in a system that is packaged to go.”
• First notebook to combine NVIDIA SLI and Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile Processors
• Dual NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX graphic cards
• Heavyweight entertainment and immersive gameplay
• Store entire collections of games, TV programming, movies and music on dual hard drives packing up to 500GB of storage space.
• Ultra-sharp 17" widescreen display featuring Clearview technology, an integrated webcam and an integrated TV tuner with full DVR functionality.
Area-51 m9750 from £1,269 Inc VAT excl delivery
Also available on AlienFinance packages.
Alienware Ltd. manufactures high-performance mobile systems and computer desktop and leading-edge professional systems. Alienware offers unique and award-winning products that incorporate state-of-the-art components, innovative engineering and design, and unprecedented customer service. Alienware systems are available direct within the United States and Europe. For more information, please visit www.alienware.co.uk/m9750PR or call 0800 279 9751 within the UK or +353 906 456 500 outside the UK.
Alienware Press Contact:
The Verbal PR and Marketing
Tel: 0845 3730132
(+44 845 3730132 outside UK)
Marketing Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 08700 624 379
(+44 (0)8700 624 379)
Alienware EMEA headquarters
Unit 1 Blyry Court
Blyry Industrial Estate
Athlone, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
Tel: +353 906 456 516
Fax: +353 906 486 967
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Verbal Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.