Wing Yip is the UK’s leading Oriental grocer and currently supplies goods to most of the UK’s Chinese restaurant market, as well as catering for the domestic food enthusiast via its four superstores and online shopping service.
The company offers an extensive range of authentic, quality products, available both in-store and online, including cooking sauces, spices, Oriental snacks and speciality teas. For more information visit www.wingyipstore.co.uk or
We are happy to supply samples for tasting, photography and features.
Wing Yip also offers fabulous Oriental gift ideas, including Chinese Survival Boxes, Chinese Cooking for Beginners and Speciality Hampers, and has a wide range of items available for promotions within national and regional media.
Also available is a wide range of delicious recipe ideas with information on how to prepare and plan an authentic Chinese feast for friends and family, from choosing the right ingredients, experimenting with different cooking methods to the correct way to use chopsticks!
Currently we have information on Summer Salads and Oriental Beers.
Chairman, Mr Wing Yip, the man behind the UK’s leading Chinese grocery empire, is available for interview or comment by arrangement – please see fact file below.
If you are interested in receiving samples for review, running a promotion or in receiving further information on authentic original recipes please call Rebecca Mee or Julie Price at Seal Communications on 0121 200 0780 or email email@example.com
WING YIP - FACT FILE:
• Mr Wing Yip arrived from Hong Kong on a boat in 1959 and has since become one of the UK’s most successful Chinese businessmen.
• Eighteen months later Wing and business partners opened a restaurant in a former tea shop in Clacton-on-Sea. This was quickly followed by the opening of three other restaurants and two takeaways in East Anglia.
• In 1970 Wing Yip and his brother Sammy opened their first specialist Chinese grocer in the heartland of Birmingham. It supplied more than 1,000 different Chinese products initially to local Chinese families, restaurants and takeaways.
• Wing Yip has quickly become the UK’s leading Chinese grocer and now has four key sites - Birmingham, Manchester, Cricklewood and Croydon, employing more than 300 staff.
• The Birmingham store incorporates a wide range of amenities including a Chinese restaurant, Chinese dentist, doctor, travel agent, accountant, solicitor, bank and printer.
• Wing Yip has an online shopping service which means customers can access more than 900 Wing Yip products and more than 180 Oriental recipes. The address for the service is www.wingyipstore.co.uk.
• Wing Yip imports produce directly from the Far East, with each store stocking more than 2,500 items ranging from cooking utensils, including woks and chinaware, to a vast selection of Oriental sauces, meats, fish, vegetables, rice, herbs and spices, as well as more diverse products such as chickens feet.
• In the centre of Birmingham is a Chinese pagoda which was a gift from Wing Yip and his brothers as a thank you to the people of Birmingham, the city which enabled their business to become so successful and provided a home for them and their families. The pagoda is hand carved from solid granite and stands 40 ft high. Created in China, it was shipped over to the UK in sections and assembled on site.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Seal Communications (Birmingham) in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.