Entertaining at home this winter will be about avoiding pricy restaurant get-togethers in favour of good old home cooking, according to interior experts Colin McAllister and Justin Ryan:
“And get this; we’ll be less about ‘best china‘ showing off and more about getting friends and family together for quality, casual dining. Yup, the humble dining room has once again become the place to be seen. For any entertaining chez vous, especially in the festive season, the warmth of welcome provided will be everything and there’s little better than walking into a room that smells simply wonderful.
Like decorating for the nose, Ambi Pur adjusts its fragrance collections to tie in with each season - and with the winter months upon us what could be finer than the Ambi Pur 3volution Fireside Glow with fragrances of chocolate, citrus and pine? Or the intoxicating smell of home baked cakes and hot drinks so magically captured in Winter Dream. Delicious - and absolutely no calories whatsoever to worry about!
Both succulent scents are available in Ambi Pur 3volution plug-in, which combines three complementary but alternating perfumes. The unique fragrance system releases three constantly changing scents in a continuous cycle, one after the other, every 45 minutes, so your nose never gets used to the aroma and you always smell it.”
COLIN & JUSTIN'S TIPS FOR DRESSING THE CHRISTMAS TREE:
• Use colours that compliment your existing scheme so your tree enhances your space rather than competes with it.
• Stick to two colours like red and gold, blue and silver or white and green and repeat for the rest of your decorative scheme - Christmas should be cohesive, tailored and tasteful!
• Position baubles into the ‘depth’ of your tree and not just on the outer edges - this will give it a ‘fatter’ and more complete look.
• Put the lights on first, follow with garlands and finally add ornaments. This layering effect works best from a design point of view and makes dressing the tree a breeze!
“Think about smells - as well as sights - and use festive aromas in the room to complete the feel. Ambi Pur’s Fireside Glow Scented Candle and 3volution plug-in are perfect, as with its hints of pine you’ll still have a lovely fragrance in the room even if your tree is fake!”
COLIN & JUSTIN'S TIPS FOR DECORATING THE FESTIVE TABLE:
• Using ‘charger’ plates will add colour to your table and transform your food presentation to the max. And remember to work the colour scheme out across the rest of your vignette.
• Use inexpensive gift tags as place names for each of your guests. And why not attach a token gift as an additional surprise!?
• Candles are a must, which is great news because the shops are crammed with stunning candelabras at the moment. But don’t just plonk a candelabra down and hope for the best…build the drama; a tall candelabra looks fab but even better with lots of tiny tea lights clustered below. Or try Ambi Pur’s Winter Dream Scented Candle that will surround the table will hints of baked cakes.
• Use metallic finishes on runners and napery as these will pick up on the glow created by a candle centrepiece to provide magical sparkle across the table.
• But remember ‘eye lines’ - make sure your centrepiece is short enough to allow guests to see each other so they can chat comfortably!
NOTES TO EDITORS:
• These Colin & Justin tips are unique to Ambi Pur and can only be used in conjunction with an Ambi Pur editorial mention
• High res images of Colin & Justin and Ambi Pur products / lifestyle shots are available from us – please ask
• Ambi Pur Winter Collection (Fireside Glow & Winter Dream) 3volution Plug-ins provide continuous fragrance for 90 days (if used on a minimum setting for 12 hours per day). Primary unit: £6.99 (RRSP). Perfume Refill: £4.49 (RRSP)
• Ambi Pur Winter Collection (Fireside Glow & Winter Dream) Scented Candles provide continuous fragrance for 25 to 35 hours. Both are set in frosted glass, Fireside Glow is a rich red wax and Winter Dream is a creamy yellow wax, both £2.99 (RRSP)
• Ambi Pur products are available from all good supermarkets and independent retailers
Senior Account Executive
Ambi Pur Media Relations
The Bottom Line Consultancy
Tel: 01992 579990
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Bottom Line Consultancy Ltd in the following categories: Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.