Christmas is the season to be jolly, a time to relax and enjoy the festivities with friends and family, so it’s fair to say the last thing on our minds is the amount of waste we create. Immersed in the parties, food and presents, we don’t like to think of the side effects. But Christmas is actually one of the most wasteful times of the year with an estimated 3 million tonnes of rubbish created over the festive period alone*.
In the UK we collectively get through about 83 km2 of wrapping paper, use around 8 million Christmas trees and a billion Christmas cards. Not to mention the 125,000 tonnes of plastic packaging, additional 750 million glass bottles and jars and nearly 3,000 tonnes of aluminium foil from the turkey*. Whilst some of the waste seems unavoidable, there is a lot we can do at Christmas that can ease the load.
Biome Lifestyle, an online store for eco-friendly and ethically sourced products for the home, does just this. Available at biomelifestyle.com, you can finally unite style and eco through a wide range of products that are organic, recycled, sustainable and ethical.
This Christmas why not make some small changes to help reduce the overall waste this year. For example, why not substitute your normal crackers for Biome Lifestyle’s that are made from seed paper and come with eco gifts and tips. If you plant the seed paper, you will be left with beautiful wild flowers to remember your Christmas by instead of additional rubbish to add to your bag.
In addition, why not try Biome Lifestyle’s recycled products including wrapping paper, cards and some stunning Christmas wreaths made in Mali from recycled materials. You can also dress the tree differently this year with some fair trade and sustainable decorations a selection of unique ornaments made from reclaimed Perspex. And, for those young at heart, there are the re-useable advent calendars and exclusive UK made Christmas stockings.
But it’s not just the festive accessories to look at this season; Biome Lifestyle has a fantastic range of homeware products that make stunning gifts for family and friends. So, when you’re caught up in this year’s festive fever, take some time to consider the footprint you’re leaving behind and make this a green Christmas with Biome Lifestyle.
* Christmas Waste 2005 - www.recyclingconsortium.org.uk
NOTES TO EDITORS:
• Biome Lifestyle is an online retailer of eco-friendly and ethically sourced products for the home, available at www.biomelifestyle.com
• Christmas products at Biome Lifestyle include:
• Re-useable advent calendar – with organic sweets and eco tips, £25
• Recycled wreath – made in Mali with recycled materials, £25
• Sustainable & fair trade decorations – handmade in Indonesia, from £1.50
• Recycled wrapping paper – 100% recycled, £2.50 for 5 sheets
• UK Christmas stockings – available in tomato red/ royal blue, £12
• Recycled Christmas cards – made from recycled card, from £2
• Perspex decorations – 3 shapes in white & red, from £4.50
• Christmas crackers - made from seed paper, complete with eco gift, £4.50 each or £25 for 6
Senior Account Executive
Biome Lifestyle Media Relations
The Bottom Line Consultancy
T: 01992 579990
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Bottom Line Consultancy Ltd in the following categories: Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.