Kick-start this year’s Energy Saving Week on Standby Saturday (20th October), by switching of your appliances with the new Bye Bye Standby® device and reduce your carbon footprint.
Standby Saturday, will see the first nation-wide overnight switch-off of non-essential appliances, such as TVs, home computers and mobile phone chargers, with the aim of significantly reducing the UK's energy wastage caused by standby power. A great way to start Energy Saving Week – a flagship event set up by the Energy Saving Trust to focus on how we can make a positive difference to reducing our impact on the environment.
Bye Bye Standby allows you to remotely cut power to electrical devices that are in standby mode, helping you to do your bit for the environment as well as save money on your electricity bill. With standby mode for some appliances still using as much as 25 per cent of the energy they do when they are switched on, switching off makes sense. Independent research also shows that Bye Bye Standby would save the average UK household £38 a year, which could represent as much as £940million across the nation.
Research proves that people are not switching their appliances off at the mains. This may be because they forget or cannot be bothered to go round and switch everything off late at night or before they leave the house. Bye Bye Standby offers a convenient solution to switch off up to 12 devices at the touch of a button. Bye Bye Standby will also be helpful to older people or those with disabilities who cannot bend down to reach sockets.
The Bye Bye Standby kit includes three smart sockets, which can control up to four electrical devices each, and one remote control. Simply plug Bye Bye Standby into a wall socket and then plug your appliance or extension lead into that. Each of your devices can be switched off separately or as a group when you leave the room - pressing the remote button again instantly switches them back on.
Key features of Bye Bye Standby:
- Simple plug-and-play installation - does not require additional wiring
- Smart Sockets can control up to four devices each
- Group on/off function
- Up to 30 metre remote control
- Compatible with any appliance up to 1,000watts (or 3,000W with a heavy-duty Bye Bye Standby socket)
Appliances such as TVs, computers and hi-fi’s left on standby create more than four million tonnes of extra carbon emissions in the UK alone (DEFRA), using the equivalent of the annual output of 2½ 700megawatt power stations. A survey by the Energy Saving Trust also found that the average household has up to 12 gadgets left on standby or charging at any one time, which the Trust estimates respresents
10 per cent of their entire electricity bill.
What appliances are the worst standby offenders?*
- Dishwashers left on at the end of their cycle consume 70 per cent of the power used when they are running.
- The average television is left on standby for up to 17.5 hours a day. Last year Britain's 62 million television sets consumed about eight per cent of their energy consumption in standby mode.
- Washing machines use just under 20 per cent of their normal electricity requirement on standby.
- Tumble-dryers can use 38 per cent of power while waiting at the end of a cycle.
- If lights were turned off when not in use it would prevent 375,000 tons of CO2 emissions and save £55million in bills.
- There is little difference between the power requirement of digital receivers when they are being used and on standby.
- Other appliances with high standby power are cordless telephones, radios and stereos.
*Energy Saving Trust
Notes to editors:
- Bye Bye Standby® is available for review, please call Rachel Lear or Louise Mapp 0118 988 0501 email@example.com.
- Bye Bye Standby can be bought in the high street, at wholesale and online including stores such as Comet, Costco, Currys, Waitrose or visit www.byebyestandby
- Recommended Retail Price £29.99
About Bye Bye Standby®: www.byebyestandby.co.uk
Bye Bye Standby® is an energy saving product which allows you to remotely cut power to electrical devices when in standby mode. Bye Bye Standby® is part of the Domia Group – a home control specialist and leading developer of smart energy solutions. Independent research shows that Bye Bye Standby® will save the average UK family household £38 a year, which could represent as much as £940million across the nation.
For further information on Standby Saturday (20th October) visit: www.standbysaturday.com
For further information on Energy Saving week (22nd – 26th October) visit: www.energysavingtrust.org.uk
For further information contact:
Rachel Lear / Louise Mapp
T: 0118 988 0501
Bye Bye Standby
T: 01844 337804
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ascent PR in the following categories: Men's Interest, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.