Look out if you’re planning to drive this Friday, as historically the 18th January has been revealed as the most dangerous date to be on the road according to research by Admiral, while Friday has the highest number of accidents of any day of the week.
Car insurance specialist Admiral looked at the 1.8 million accident reports it has received over the past 15 years and found that the 18th January has seen the highest number of accidents compared to any other date of the year. Based on an analysis of motor insurance claims, Admiral has also found that Friday is the day of the week on which most accidents occur. So look out as this year the two combine on Friday 18th January to create a calamitous crashing combination!
Admiral managing director, Sue Longthorn, said, “It’s not surprising to see that the worst day of the week for accidents is a Friday as people are tired after a long week at work and can easily get caught up thinking about their weekend plans instead of the road ahead. In fact, there’s a direct correlation between the days getting later in the week and the amount of accidents increasing up to the weekend.
“In terms of the 18th January being dangerous, it’s difficult to say for certain why this is, but it could be that people have a lot on their mind as they haven’t been paid for a while, the bills are coming in, it’s dark, the weather’s often foul and the fun of the festive period is a long and distant memory.”
If Friday 18th January is the most dangerous day, which is the safest? Unsurprisingly Admiral sees the least number of car insurance claims for Sunday 29th February – to be expected considering the 29th February only occurs every 4 years!
Sue Longthorn continued, “It makes sense that the days where we’ve seen the least accidents are the 29th February, and the 25th and 26th December as this is when least people are driving. However, this year there is a 29th February, and it’s on a Friday, so the number of accidents might jump up sharply!”
1. Worst days for driving (from worst to best):
2. Top 10 worst dates for driving (from worst to best):
• 18th January
• 20th December
• 27th October
• 22nd March
• 20th July
• 1st October
• 21st October
• 1st November
• 15th December
• 30th October
3. Top 10 best dates for driving (from best to worst):
• 29th February
• 25th December
• 26th December
• 1st January
• 2nd January
• 27th December
• 3rd January
• 31st December
• 9th April
• 16th April
4. Admiral, (a trading name of EUI Ltd) launched in 1993, and is part of Admiral Group plc. It was set up to target those motorists who traditionally pay higher than average premiums, including those under-35, living in cities or driving hot hatches.
5. Admiral writes its motor insurance business to a consortium of insurers, these being:
- Admiral Insurance Company Ltd
- Admiral Insurance (Gibraltar) Limited
- Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) plc
6. The Admiral Group employs over 2,200 people, has over 1.2 million customers.
7. Admiral’s salesline is 0800 600 800 - open from 8am to 10pm on weekdays, from 9 am to 5pm on Saturdays, and on a Sunday between 10am and 4pm.
8. Admiral’s web site address is www.admiral.com
Issued by: Admiral, Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3AZ
Date: 18th January 2008
For more information please contact James Carnduff on 029 2043 4232 or by email email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of ICrossing Ltd in the following categories: Motoring, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.