Consumers Seduced into Frozen Food Aisle by Findus
Following the multi-million pound success of the Findus Novelli frozen meal solutions Britain’s favourite French chef and Findus are proud to announce the launch of a limited edition range of indulgent dishes available in select Tesco stores from February 2008.
The exciting new range limited edition Findus Novelli range offers some perfect winter warmers to brighten up your evenings, whether you are looking for a whole meal solution, a fresh fish dish or a simple-to-prepare accompaniment.
The new recipes include mouth-watering twists on British classics such as Caramelised Cider Pork Belly with delicately smoked mashed potato – perfect to enjoy with a crisp glass wine after a long walk on a winter’s day.
Or perhaps you are feeling more adventurous and would like to spice things up a bit with Salmon Harissa, which could be paired with a healthy and delicious lemon scented cous cous.
Alternatively you can accompany any meal by reaching for one of our delicious side dish solutions - Curried Cream Potato Dauphinoise or Mediterranean Vegetable Piperade.
The Curried Cream Potato Dauphinoise works wonders on the side of a juicy rib eye steak, and the Mediterranean Vegetable Piperade is the perfect accompaniment to garlic roasted chicken or lamb cutlets.
Commenting on the limited edition range Novelli says: "When we launched the original range I said that I saw it as just the start of a wonderful relationship, and I was right.
“This limited edition range represents some of my favourite winter comfort dishes. Together we aim to bring excitement back into the frozen aisle, introducing new recipes dishes on a regular basis to maintain interest, and keep our promise to deliver restaurant quality food, straight from your freezer.”
Adding his endorsement to the range managing director Vidar Engen says: “We are delighted with the success of, and overwhelmingly positive consumer feedback on, the Findus Novelli range.
“The launch of this limited edition range proves that Findus is at the forefront of quality innovation when it comes to the frozen sector and offers consumers the chance to experience great cuisine fresh from the freezer.”
The range is to be supported by an extensive television advertising campaign running in February and March 2008.
- ends -
Notes to editors:
Below is a full list of the Findus Jean Christophe Novelli products as well as a brief history of Findus Ltd. and Jean Christophe Novelli’s biography.
Limited edition range of products:
Findus Novelli Ready Meal:
• Caramelised Cider Pork Belly - tender pork belly in a fennel and cider sauce served with delicately smoked mashed potato
Findus Novelli Fish Dish:
• Salmon Harissa - salmon fillet with a spiced tomato and coriander Harissa style sauce
Findus Novelli Accompaniment:
• Curried Cream Potato Dauphinoise
• Layered potatoes in a light creamy curried sauce topped with Swiss style cheese
Findus Novelli Accompaniment:
• Mediterranean Vegetable Piperade
• A delicious medley of Mediterranean vegetables with a reduced tomato sauce topped with Emmental cheese
Existing range of products:
• Cod loin with garlic, basil, rosemary, thyme and garlic infused oil
• Cod loin with tomato, vanilla and aniseed infused oil
• Salmon Fillet - with coconut & lemongrass extracts in a coriander and aniseed infused oil
• Haddock Mornay - on a bed of spinach topped with a rich cheese Mornay sauce (serves one)
• Prime Cod fillet tower - topped with spinach, tomato sauce and Emmental cheese and served on a bed of creamy mashed potato
• Lemon & Honey Roast Chicken served on a bed of creamy spring onion mash
• Lasagne Novelli with a creamy camembert béchamel sauce
• Mediterranean Rigatoni - with chunky aubergine, red onion, peppers, courgettes, fennel, olives and cherry tomatoes with a blue cheese glaze
• Apple & Raisin Crêpe Crumble with white chocolate brandy sauce & toasted oats
• White and Dark Crêpe Chocolat
Findus has its origins in the Nordic region. In 1941, Marabou, a Swedish confectionery company acquired a small factory in the Northwest of Scania (Sweden) - with a brand called Findus.
In 1962, Marabou sold the Findus business to Nestlé, and it remained under Nestlé ownership until January 2000, when it was sold to EQT Scandinavia BV.
With a turnover of approximately EUR 800 million Findus has a presence in Norway, Sweden, Finland, UK, France, Spain, Germany, Denmark, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Thailand and Australia, employing around 3,000 people.
In April 2005 ownership of Findus Ltd. was transferred from EQT, to the private ownership of Geir Frantzen, previously a senior manager at Swedish parent company Findus AB.
Commenting on his takeover Frantzen says: “It was an enormous step to take but the UK food market is one of the most dynamic and exciting in the world right now and to not have taken the opportunity to buy into it would have been foolish indeed.
“We understand the challenge facing busy consumers in today’s increasingly hectic world; they want good quality food with the minimum of fuss, that's why we're dedicated to making their choices easier by creating food solutions that are delicious and convenient."
Jean Christophe Novelli
Jean Christophe Novelli is a Michelin and 5AA Rosette award-winning French chef, whose accolades include AA Chef's Chef of the Year, European Chef of the Year finalist representing Great Britain and the prestigious Egon Ronay Desert of the Year.
He has also won Restaurant of the Year on numerous occasions and many other awards for culinary excellence. His Novelli Academy Cookery School, where he personally teaches all the courses, is considered one of the top in the world.
- ends -
For more information please contact:
Rose Reid Media
Tel: 05600 752008
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Rose Reid Media in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Sport, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.