This Valentine’s, belowzero has teamed up with the UK’s leading Burlesque artist Gwendoline Lamour, Bourjois and La Senza to teach the art of Burlesque as a Valentine’s treat for your beau.
The class takes place on Wednesday 6th February, 6.30pm at belowzero and students need to be fully equipped with the following:
• Yoga/workout gear (shorts and vest are perfect)
• High heeled shoes – court shoes/slip-ons are best
• Stockings – hold-ups are ideal – provided by La Senza
• Long gloves
• A peignoir/ wrap / dressing gown or simple dress
Before the class begins, students will settle the nerves with the luscious new Cointreau Teese cocktail which has a fragrant flourish of violet and fresh ginger - created by Dita von Teese - Cointreau's new style ambassador.
Students will then begin the class which entails two parts:
Starting with the basics and looking at posture, alignment and core stability. Students will be drawing on many sources, from 18th century dancing master manuals, ballet, yoga, pilates and showgirl work.
• Limbering up
• 18th century Dancing Master Manuals
• Yoga and Pilates – zip up and hollow
• Showgirls and models
• Walking and standing in heels
• Graceful sitting and rising in heels
• Using the chair to flirt, shoe and stocking striptease
• Fun with gloves
• Peignoirs and gowns
Following the class, Miss Lamour will perform for the students whilst they enjoy some light food and a goody bag including a feather bower, exclusive Dita shaker, a dramatic eyeliner for seductive eyes, and a ruby red nail polish for a glamorous touch by Bourjois and vouchers from La Senza - for buying their Valentine’s outfits!
With her all natural pin-up girl figure, ivory skin, irresistible charm and grace, Gwendoline is the personification of 1930s and 40s glamour. Trained to Masters Degree level in theatre and dance Gwendoline is long limbed and elegant and has been enchanting international audiences for seven glamorous years entertaining clients including Marc Jacobs, Elton John and Naomi Campbell.
Gwendoline has previously performed in belowzero and will be performing again on Thursday 17th April 2008.
For Valentine’s evening itself, belowzero presents… Parisian Chic complete with a live French Jazz band, Parisian theming, five course meal and the Cointreau teese cocktail on arrival with a visit and drink in ABSOLUT ICEBAR from only £65 per head.
- The evening will cost £25 for guests to attend which includes the class, cocktail on arrival and grazing food
- Please ensure both venues are written like this in body text: belowzero restaurant + lounge and
ABSOLUT ICEBAR LONDON
- Address: 31-33 Heddon street, London, W1B 4BN
- Reservations: 020 7478 8910
- ABSOLUT, ICEHOTEL and belowzero London Ltd are partners in ABSOLUT ICEBAR LONDON
- General Manager: Matthieu Bourgogne
For further information and images, please contact:
Puja Khanna – Marketing + PR Manager
M 07894 208 848
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Belowzero London Ltd in the following categories: Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.