London, 22nd January 2008 – BroadGroup Tariff Services, publishers of the Data Centre Price Tracker, today announce extended coverage of the Quarterly pricing newsletter for the Data Centre sector.
First published in April 2007 the Data Centre Price Tracker provides a unique insight into Data Centre per rack pricing trends in key European markets for both Carrier Based and Carrier Neutral providers.
Originally conceived to cater for eight of the main Data Centre countries in Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK) from January 2008 The Data Centre Price Tracker will include a further five countries, including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Ireland and Portugal making 13 country markets in all. It will continue to include a survey of industrial electricity.
Over the last four issues of the Tracker a number of trends have become apparent about the European Data Centre market.
- There has been a continued increase in average pricing across the countries surveyed, with average per rack pricing rising to 818 Euro per month as of January 2008
- The main factor in the increase has been continued demand for space, particularly for Carrier Neutral provider space, which has meant gradual price inflation in rack prices, which appears likely to continue.
- The lowest per rack prices to be found in Italy and Sweden. We expect the gap to continue to widen.
- Power costs have tended to be most stable in France and Switzerland, although the recent rise in industrial electricity costs in France means that Sweden and Spain are now becoming relatively low cost suppliers of industrial electricity as well, which means that Sweden and Spain are well placed to become the lowest cost providers of space overall.
- As new facilities – suitable for higher density requirements – come on stream there has been a general uplift in pricing with new facilities with enhanced power & cooling demanding a premium, with new or upgraded facilities in Paris, London & Amsterdam being launched at premium levels.
- Although the IT & Telecoms sectors continues to suffer from price deflation, high quality Data Centre space appears to be immune to the trend and continues to be able to support rising prices in real terms.
“We continue to see new facilities being planned for the UK, Netherlands and France. Germany, which until recently has seen low growth due to an over-supply of space is now seeing substantial new investments,” commented Margrit Sessions, Managing Director of BroadGroup Tariff Services.
“Within each market, pricing is becoming much more varied as older facilities are unable to sustain a price premium. As a result, although price rises seem to be an inevitable feature due to the increasing use of third party Data Centre space, in most markets there is a wide variance in Data Centre pricing. In Germany, the spread between the lowest cost rack rental and the highest can be as much as 200 per cent.
“It really pays for both the vendor and the end user to research the market, and understand the main price drivers for space in each country, which is where the Data Centre Price Tracker can assist decision-making,” she added.
Additionally the survey is now starting to see much more volatility in industrial electricity prices, which will affect Data Centres and end user costs, with sharp rises reported in electricity in France & Germany (based on the estimated figures released by Eurostat) after a period of price decline & stability during most of 2006-07.
Over the months ahead, BroadGroup Tariff Services will continue to develop the Data Centre Price Tracker and intends to include other European countries within the survey. There are plans to incorporate Data Centres in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland during 2008.
Note to editors:
A subscription to the Data Centre Price Tracker is now available on an annual basis for £795 GBP
It has been published since April 2007, and provides a ground level view of pricing for Data Centre space on a Per Rack basis and is now available across 13 European countries (8 countries April to October, 13 countries from January 2008). Countries include: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
Our analysts also comment on the key developments taking place in each Data Centre market, and highlight new investment and new builds taking place in each country.
Contact: Margrit Sessions BroadGroup Tariff Services
for more information, +44 208 993 6861, +44 777 625 4827, firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BroadGroup in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.